SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
rad

random stuff

Second photos pretty cool, wish there was more light on the sign. Cool find nonetheless.
These areas remind me of Toronto.

On 3/3/2018 at 3:06 PM, Camoflage_Pat said:

Second photos pretty cool, wish there was more light on the sign. Cool find nonetheless.
These areas remind me of Toronto.

Thanks, more light woulda been better for sure.

They probably remind you of Toronto because they are Toronto, haha.

• Like 1

First is a great scene, but doesn't work as a standalone image. I could see this working in a larger series. 

If that's not the route you want to take, it could also work if you camped the spot a bit and shot a photo of a moment happening within the frame. As is its an empty stage.

Second shot isn't focused enough in terms of idea. There's some interesting geometries at work, but it's too sloppily done. The power lines being the most obvious thing to exclude to clean things up a bit.

I like the third, and can see it was very much an in the moment shot. Preplanning how you want the background lights / geometries to interact with a person and waiting for another to walk by to one in accordance with your preplanned geometeries would create a stronger image. I'm thinking how moving to the left, panning to the right, and then timing it so the lit windows go from the right side and then down to where you could time a person walking by.

Not sure if yore into the whole 'find a spot and wait' style of shooting but those are my thoughts.

On 3/25/2018 at 10:29 AM, Fruitboot said:

First is a great scene, but doesn't work as a standalone image. I could see this working in a larger series. 

If that's not the route you want to take, it could also work if you camped the spot a bit and shot a photo of a moment happening within the frame. As is its an empty stage.

Second shot isn't focused enough in terms of idea. There's some interesting geometries at work, but it's too sloppily done. The power lines being the most obvious thing to exclude to clean things up a bit.

I like the third, and can see it was very much an in the moment shot. Preplanning how you want the background lights / geometries to interact with a person and waiting for another to walk by to one in accordance with your preplanned geometeries would create a stronger image. I'm thinking how moving to the left, panning to the right, and then timing it so the lit windows go from the right side and then down to where you could time a person walking by.

Not sure if yore into the whole 'find a spot and wait' style of shooting but those are my thoughts.

Thanks for the feedback. Definitely less of a "stop and wait photographer" although have been more conscious about trying it out more recently. 

Appreciate all the feedback, especially the third shot. What you thought of totally makes sense. I walk through that way often so will hopefully get a chance to shoot something there again.

On 3/27/2018 at 12:42 AM, tats said:

What you shoot this on?

First one is a Yashica T4 with Fuji Superia 800 I think. The second two are Stylus Epic with HP5 I think. I shoot 2 rolls of B&W a year and it's usually that.