SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  

So I'm currently at the post production stage of a project i've been working on over the past 2 months. I shot it all on RED but I don't have much experience editing with R3D files. I'm also not an experienced colorist but I need to color this myself. Any tips? I shot 6k R3D REDlogFilm RedGamma4. I can change if anyone has a good reason too. I want to go for a look similar to this

Sky-19.jpg?format=500w yeti-3.jpg?format=1500w 

im a noob

Easiest bet would be to find a LUT to match that kind of look. I personally use FilmConvert but there's tons of good LUTs out there for RED cameras. I use FilmConvert in tandem with Lumetri Colour in Premiere to colour correct/tone and fix contrast. If you put the LUT in an adjustment layer you can control the opacity of the layer if its too strong.

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/29-free-luts-for-video/

If youre going to use any of those luts, just make sure to out a RED to REC709 LUT first, then the look LUT over top.

28 minutes ago, nomadskate said:

Easiest bet would be to find a LUT to match that kind of look. I personally use FilmConvert but there's tons of good LUTs out there for RED cameras. I use FilmConvert in tandem with Lumetri Colour in Premiere to colour correct/tone and fix contrast. If you put the LUT in an adjustment layer you can control the opacity of the layer if its too strong.

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/29-free-luts-for-video/

If youre going to use any of those luts, just make sure to out a RED to REC709 LUT first, then the look LUT over top.

yeah thats the method ive been trying but i cant find a good LUT that has the look im going for and the initial color balance is the hardest part for me. :/