SkatePerception
1pjladd2

VX1k - MK1 vignetting aligment

I just got a "new" VX1000. Just did some test shots with it today. And I recognized that the vignette was pretty off to the left side of the frame.

But I rather like my vignette to be centred and even in all corners.

Is there a way to adjust or counterbalance this?

Sadly there isn't that I'm aware of. Some VX1000's are like that. I used to have one that was perfectly centered and the next one was all to the right and even seemed to be cropped in a bit more. It's luck of the draw I guess. -_-

You really can't do much. Out of the 7 vx's I have owned I have never had "perfect" vig.. 

• Thanks 1

It’s the was the 3CCD chip is alingned. No camera is absolutely perfect. Some are much better then others however it was never noticed from factory because the only thing it effects is the vig on the fisheye. With that said you can’t fix it without taking apart the whole vx. 

• Like 2

Pretty much what everyone else said.. Every vx is different and not all of them are perfect. 

Out of all the vx1's I've owned, a couple of them had loose front elements (ahead of the focus ring) from getting hit some many times.. I'm now able to shift it to the left or right to align my vig to be more centered :lol: Other than that I wouldn't recommend trying it! :|