SkatePerception
phineas

Replace internal battery VX2100

Hey guys, I have the "clock set" message on my VX2100 appearing each time I pull out the battery.

I did some research and found that it might be the internal battery.

I found the exploded views and drawings online.

Capture.PNG.f3b7dceae542f0808dec25afeab7547b.PNG

Capture2.PNG.b08860c5b7600c9b5295a210c11f91f0.PNGCapture3.thumb.PNG.3075544d1c1bb07205d5ee57c9d6262f.PNGCapture4.PNG.ccf5559b98cd160ad71ff82b12057697.PNG

Do you guys know if I can replace the battery alone ? (not the whole PCB)

Can I use one of these ?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/sis.html?_itemId=271896883512&_nkw=NEW+Maxell+ML1220+3V+Rechargeable+button+battery+FOR+SONY+DCR+VX+2100&_trksid=p2047675.m4096.l9146

The batteries are very specific. They have a solder tab on the positive side and there's a leaf that solders to the negative side angling over the top, making contact with the negative side of the battery. They are also rechargeable. To charge them, however, you need to be charging the main battery, with it in place on the back of the cam, using the original charger, plugged in to the power port, also at the rear of the cam. Since virtually nobody charges their batteries that way, and the original chargers are no longer with the cams, in many/most cases, once the lithium batts have failed most guys just live with it and reset the manual settings each time they shoot. Also, I don't think the batteries are available anymore. I manged to source an equivalent for the VX2000 for a customer that REALLY wanted to restore the features it allowed. Never looked for the ones for the 2100. Not sure I answered your question exactly?

Thanks for your quick answer, I think I'm just going to give up on that idea. 

I am actually using the original charger plugged to the camera, but I think maybe the internal battery are not handling recharge anymore...

Very few of the originals are still taking a charge. I did check and they are no longer available from Sony distribution and they were $24 each...there are 2. In case you want to go on the hunt for a replacement or "new old stock" somewhere, the Sony part number is 1-756-128-11 and, again you'll need 2.