SkatePerception

before you start trippin realize that 90% of the old japanese vx1000 threads are confusing as fuck, have broken links, expired photobucket pics and shit like that.

i'm posting because japanese vx's are super cheap and i'm sure there are still lots of people who are just getting into it now. it can be a little intimidating at first and the full translation is scattered in a bunch of places so this will hopefully help.

i tried to leave the japanese characters visible because it'll be easier if you just know what the symbol means. like on and off, you will see them a lot throughout the menus and stuff. also, this was just the first attempt at these pictures, so if i notice some room for improvements i'll do so. 

back.png.efb81d137bb940a4f26574ecb957a86b.png

inside.png.305814bef7c05b6d0719f4a42d236c8d.png

right.png.ef2ba64d0114589be76275b7bb7ce4fa.png

left.png.771b6dfb846d678f3c861ffaa58ccf02.png

top.png.334f2d6b4078e2fdef186bf2bb52bb14.png

5a8bb31964054_cammenu.thumb.png.d90ff52c61fe2a03c8cccc4070ac21b7.png

5a8bac189c990_cpmenu.thumb.png.4977b95c7c1d9aa7845ebf50ea4efd2c.png

5a8bb700f2d69_vtrmenu.thumb.png.a96429b9c426c5dc4c1073c44d4868e2.png

theres one here that i dont know. but i dont use the vtr mode at all anyways. and neither should you.

the options in each menu are listed in this thread . maybe later i'll do all of those too

this is only a translation. i'm not gonna give you lessons on how to use the camera cause that is well covered in many many many places like this

pdf manual https://upload.cyfrowe.pl/cyfrowe/instrukcje/kamery/sony/instrukcja_sony_vx1000_eng.pdf

if you have a jap vx and arent fuckin with it you can try hitting up kerry@videoelectronics.tv http://forums.skateperception.com/profile/4008-video-electronics/ and he will possibly convert it to english for you, for a fee

shoutout to swackedflapjack, mkcolgan2, gaygaygalen, and flipsrowleykid

• Like 2

good job! Now if someone is tripping thinking they will forget how to set colors, print off that photo and put it in your bag. Simple 

• Like 1

Cheers for this - I know there are guides still from the old SP site on the Wayback archive and all, but this clears it up a lot and is easier to look at!

• Like 1

Once you learn it, navigating is a breeze.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, sanur said:

Once you learn it, navigating is a breeze.

Pretty much know where everything is within a week, for me that is. I do keep all the translations handy, though!

• Like 1

yo, shout out to whoever pinned this

(steak?)

<3

and yeah, i have these saved onto my phone just so i can check if i forget what/where a certain menu setting is or something.