SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
teezytaughtme

What vx should I buy (16:9)

I want to buy a vx1. 

Should I get the vx1000E, vx1000amercian or vx1000 Japanese ??

im recording straight to computer so I don’t think pal or NTSC is an issue. 

But what about 16:9 widescreen??

i heats that the mk1 fisheye isn’t as good in widescreen 16:9 and that the best settings are 4:1 anyway.

If you are capturing straight from your vx to your computer I would advise you don't do that for several reasons..

Japanese vx's sometimes go for a little cheaper on eBay so that is a good way to go. Streched vx footage isn't that appealing to that many people. But yes you can do that while editing.

The PAL vx cameras will record at a different frame rate and resolution from the NTSC ones. The aesthetic difference is little but you may have a preference.

Just get whatever comes up at a good price since, to be honest with you that's the way I thought when looking for a VX1. That and making sure it actually worked. 

Be mindful if you do go with an NTSC VX1 they're different frame rates and resolution like Adam said. I forgot about that and tried to use my PAL cap cam I had for years to play it back, which started to do the most craziest of glitches. Of course, you'll need to consider a capture cam and this will need to be PAL or NTSC depending on which VX you have chosen. 

I wouldn't bother with 16:9 if you're shooting SD, it looks very odd. If you want that however, go with the Jap VX1. Everything being in Japanese is not even a problem, either. Especially with a plethora of guides.