SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
sanur

Need help with gel lighting ideas

I have a project due this week for my film class. I cant seem to come up with anything that would fit the rubric through. It has to utilize color through lighting gels to evoke emotion/mood. Is there any good examples out there or does anyone have any ideas to run with? It could be filming someone doing something or it could be non fiction. I probably only will have one male actor... Please help, I've been stuck for days trying to come up with something. It doesn't have to be complex.

There are endless variations to do this. Let your creativity guide you.

Just an example, I did lately:

I punched a Par64 1K (VNS) with Full CTB through a window with venetian blinds. Then hazed up the room to make the lightrays become visible. And my keylight was a simple tungsten desk lamp:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzkwki40qadqi4b/Par_1.10.3.jpg?dl=0

It has probably been done before a million times. But still simple but impressive looking.

You can achieve very great effects using gels. You could imitate a campfire, a dirty-green office fluorescent light, a cop car light, sunset, a TV screen, traffic lights, neon signs. Just think of anything that has a    colorful light in real life and try to rebuild that effect in your setup.