SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
WesleySlaps

(HMC150) 720p Export Settings

I've been getting more used to my HMC-150, but when i threw this test clip up on YouTube i thought the colors weren't as vibrant as they should be, also the footage is not as sharp as 720p footage should look for some reason. this is pretty much straight from Premiere with light color correction and i am wondering if it could be a simple Premiere export setting, possibly.

4 hours ago, Launchpad said:

Calibrate your monitor

I'll have to try that

was more concerned about the quality though

it'll take a little extra work but edit in a 1080p timeline, scaling your clips by 150%, and then export using Quicktime - ProRes HQ. With 1080p and higher youre not only getting a bigger resolution but YouTube uses higher bitrates. So even if you had raw vx1000 footage it would look shitty at 480p, which is why a lot of people will up-res it to 1080p for youtube.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jordanpalmerwiens said:

it'll take a little extra work but edit in a 1080p timeline, scaling your clips by 150%, and then export using Quicktime - ProRes HQ. With 1080p and higher youre not only getting a bigger resolution but YouTube uses higher bitrates. So even if you had raw vx1000 footage it would look shitty at 480p, which is why a lot of people will up-res it to 1080p for youtube.

I will try that, thank you!

2 hours ago, jordanpalmerwiens said:

*Update*

that made a huge difference

• Like 1

What's the difference between editing in a 1080p timeline and editing in the native resolution, then export to 1080p ?

17 hours ago, phineas said:

What's the difference between editing in a 1080p timeline and editing in the native resolution, then export to 1080p ?

if you're doing any titles they wont be stretched. also something like sharpening or added noise will look its best. basically youre minimizing things being stretched/upres'd. the point of it for youtube is mostly because youtube's bitrate is higher the bigger the frame size. so vx footage may look really good as a raw clip, but once uploaded will get shafted by youtubes poor compression standards for 480p. if you upres it before uploading you'll keep more of the original quality.