SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZanderT

Camera Repair

please post camera repair problems here, if in the end you are not able to fix it by yourself, go to our affiliate video electonics for help. they are way cheaper than sony, and you do not need to pay for the shipping to canada like you would for xiaxinde. good luck and please support this camera shop, they are personal friends of mine who run a great, and reliable business.

http://www.skateperception.com/videoelectronics/

ill be first i guess. this isnt for me, its for my friend. he has this 1 chip samsung mini DV cam. not too bad. but he switches tape brands alot, sony, maxell, panasonic, TDK and fujifilm. those r all the tapes i see. he also tapes over things. his cam isnt that old though. and now when he turns it on, it doesnt record or play back. i told him to buy a head cleaner and see wut goes down. is this the right thing to do?

yes it is, depending on how bad the heads are he might need new heads, but id go the cheap way and try the head cleaner first for sure... video electronics also does professional head cleaning which may be more effective

ill be first i guess. this isnt for me, its for my friend. he has this 1 chip samsung mini DV cam. not too bad. but he switches tape brands alot, sony, maxell, panasonic, TDK and fujifilm. those r all the tapes i see. he also tapes over things. his cam isnt that old though. and now when he turns it on, it doesnt record or play back. i told him to buy a head cleaner and see wut goes down. is this the right thing to do?

same thing happened to my older cam, it will run in camera mode fine but doesn't record or playback. would new heads fix this? the technician at the brick says tghat the broken drum assembly is to blame.

i put a tape in, it beeps and flashes saying "remove cassette", i put a head cleaning tape through for 10 seconds and tried again and it did the same thing, it just about ate one of the tapes too. when i pulled it out some of the tape was hanging loosely out of the cassette. it has done this before but usually it just meant that the heads were dirty and worked fine after i cleaned it. its a canon zr-40 used mainly for capture.

Thats wierd, don't know what to tell you.

But, Video Electronics is sick, they fixed my VF overnight. I said I found out about them from SP and they asked if I knew you zander.

Okay guys , so i have a trv900 and my father (who is a technician) was repairing it (trying to fix a little crack type thing, but dont worry about that part) and a cable snapped , it looks like the one that going into the front bottom part of the camera.. like where the mic is id say . and yeah i wanna know what i should do about it because ive heard that some sort of cables break sometimes on the vx1000 and that they are easily repaired . so should i take it to a shop...or what.... if anyone can talk to me online about this (cuz it will be easier) can u please IM me ASAP...thanks

I'm in the process of getting my heads replaced on my VX1000 from Video Electronics, they are very professional and obviously know a lot about 1000's. Although it does pretty much fucking suck that I have to get new heads.

my vx1000 viewfinder only works when its in the locked position, if i move it up a little it goes completely black. I dont want to send my camera anywheres to get it fixed because it could take a while and I dont want to be without a camera, I can still film but shooting fisheye is pretty hard at times. so im thinking of ordering the part and doing it myself.

So my question is how long do you think before my ribbon cable is completely burnt out? I don't think anyone can give an exact date lol but if its happened to someone before about how long untill it was fully dead?

Also my next question would be to those who have repaired the ribbon cable themselves, how hard is it to do the repair?

I went through the instructional on this site and it looks pretty simple but seems like if I mess up the slightest bit the camera could be toast or at the least I could fuck something else up.

ok heres the deal.....

I baught this like new VX2000 from this Photographer lady on ebay right? she said she only used it 5 times and had put it back in the box and in the closet. then she found it and decided to sell it, i won it. she said it had no drop outs or anything and she used jvc tapes only and i wanna use TDK tapes cuz they are cheaper. but both jvc and tdk tapes are dry lubricant....... should i put in a head cleaner and clean it first? or no? if so what type brand should i use? i dont think sony brand becuse the cleaners have dry lubricant right? and i wanna use dry lubricant tapes.... so should i get a wet lubricant head cleaner? what brand should i get?

okay, this isn't really that important...but i'd like to know if there's a way to fix it. my canon ZR10 doesn't play sound when i'm playing back footy. i know it's supposed to cause it used to work, then i picked it up one day and it didn't. if there's any way to make the sound work without going to get it "fixed", please tell me. if not, don't sweat it, it doesn't matter that much anyway.

Uhh, my vx1k is, i guess having viewfinder/ribbon cable problems, but its not to heavy. Rarely but sometimes when i turn my camera on and go to set colors, the screen starts to flicker, like a old tv or something. I'm guessing this is a sign that my ribbon cable is getting weak. When it eventually breaks, i will definatley have it fixed up at video electronics.

aight well ive posted this in a bad section before but i was trying to clean out my optura vf when for some reason i ended up detaching the view finder from the camera, the ribbon cable and the thing that holds it were both fine, everythings fine but it needs to be retached and its like friggin impossible to do, you have no slack and if you take apart any of the camera it wont let you take the cable out

ok heres the deal.....

I baught this like new VX2000 from this Photographer lady on ebay right? she said she only used it 5 times and had put it back in the box and in the closet. then she found it and decided to sell it, i won it. she said it had no drop outs or anything and she used jvc tapes only and i wanna use TDK tapes cuz they are cheaper. but both jvc and tdk tapes are dry lubricant....... should i put in a head cleaner and clean it first? or no? if so what type brand should i use? i dont think sony brand becuse the cleaners have dry lubricant right? and i wanna use dry lubricant tapes.... so should i get a wet lubricant head cleaner? what brand should i get?

Get a Sony headcleaner preferably, but it doesn't really matter as much.

Use it, then use Sony or Fuji tapes. On my ex camera, VX2100, i used Fuji's on it, no problem whatsoever. But Sony would bet the best bet and most compatible.

The handle on my vx2000 is cracked (see picture). I'm wondering how much this could end up costing. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

106254228.jpg

ok i have a head problem on my vx1k i was just wondering if anyone new xia's prices on a complete new heads

Come on dude all you have to do is look at the main website link to Camera Repair, or hell even at the top of this thread, and you will see it is 350 dollars for new heads and a tune up at Video Electronics. Send it to them instead of xiainde.

Video Electronics, since you seem like you dont know what the main page is for.

I just talked to the people at a canon repair place. They said they're waiting on a "VDA" (part)... Does anybody know what that is? (I would've asked the guy, but he didn't sound to happy, and so I didn't wanna bug him with stupid questions.

try super glue....

I would, but I don't want to fuck it up.

okay, this isn't really that important...but i'd like to know if there's a way to fix it. my canon ZR10 doesn't play sound when i'm playing back footy. i know it's supposed to cause it used to work, then i picked it up one day and it didn't. if there's any way to make the sound work without going to get it "fixed", please tell me. if not, don't sweat it, it doesn't matter that much anyway.

does the sound work when u connect headphones? It may be your speaker.