SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZanderT

Camera Repair

yeah i turn on my viewfinder today and it seems to be as if the bulb went out bc if i look closely into the cam i can still see whats suppose to be on there but not really bc ther is no light so i dont thinki ts anything else wrong bc if it were the white letter would show but they dont if anyone knows is it the bulb or not?

i put a tape in, it beeps and flashes saying "remove cassette", i put a head cleaning tape through for 10 seconds and tried again and it did the same thing, it just about ate one of the tapes too. when i pulled it out some of the tape was hanging loosely out of the cassette. it has done this before but usually it just meant that the heads were dirty and worked fine after i cleaned it. its a canon zr-40 used mainly for capture.

That's exactly what's happening to my sony digital8.

Guest R-Bones

anyone ever get a bayo done at video electronics on a vx2100? the bayo didnt come off just 2 teeh snapped, so i need a new one, and roughly what will it cost?

Guest Black Mark SOS

Ok, I've just bought a VX1000 off ebay really cheap. The seller said it needed new heads, but even with the cost of the repair added on, it was still a bargain.

The thing is, the problem isn't that bad, and the "heads dirty" warning light isn't on in the VF. I only get a slightly blocky picture on playback but bad enough that I can't really rely on it to produce good footage, so I'm guessing this could be fixed with a headcleaner?

I haven't tried a head cleaner yet, because noone locally sells Sony headcleaners (and I'd prefer to stick to the Sony Cam, Sony Tapes rule), so I have ordered one online which I should get soon.

Does anyone know how to tell if the heads need replaced, like is there a warning light that comes on?

I don't want to send it off to a repairer as my first option because over here (UK) they all charge just to look at it, even if you don't get the work done. One of the repairers I called said that a wet clean might be all it needs, but I'm not going to do it myself.

If anyone has any suggestions/ideas I would greatly appreciate it.

If not, I'll get it fixed and let everyone know what needed done.

Thanks.

That's exactly what was up with my vx1k when I got it. Pixelation on playback, the former owner had used Panasonic tapes as well as Sony tapes. I put in a TDK headcleaner and used strictly Sony Premium tapes and it was perfect, and has been since.

ok so on my vx1000 the tape deck is broken...but its not really the tape deck its the outer most panel and a little mechanism/arm is cracked so it cant open all the way.....you know how on the left side you can unsrew that panel with the vtr buttons and all that outer crap....how much would it be to fix the little mechanism or to replace that whole left side panel....I could post a picture of what I need if you dont understand....its not electronics problems strictly mechanical....thanks

I have a zr80 and recently it stopped working. I took it out to film something, turned it on and in about 10 seconds, it just turned off. Since then, I haven't been able to power it on at all. I know it's not the battery or the battery charger because i took the camera and those to school and the battery/charger worked on the other cameras there. So I know it has something to do with the camera, either the power switch or something like that. I can't seem to find any places locally that can look at it and it doesn't seem worth it to me to send it off somewhere, unless the problem isn't expensive to fix. Does anyone know how much it could cost or what the exact problem is?

Guest Black Mark SOS
That's exactly what was up with my vx1k when I got it. Pixelation on playback, the former owner had used Panasonic tapes as well as Sony tapes. I put in a TDK headcleaner and used strictly Sony Premium tapes and it was perfect, and has been since.

Cheers Rogie, I'll find out in a couple of days (when the headcleaner arrives) whether this works, if it does, I can take it to war of the roses :)

Now al I need is a proper fisheye, so I an get rid of this raynox.

Guest Black Mark SOS
Yes, yes, YEEEEESSSSS!

Headcleaner arrived today, put it through my VX1000 for 10 seconds (it says to use for 5 seconds in the manual, but I thought, what the heck) and now it's totally glitch free, no blocks whatsoever after just one clean.

So I got a VX1000 in full working order for just over £300.

Stoked is not the word. :)

Guest R-Bones
anyone ever get a bayo done at video electronics on a vx2100? the bayo didnt come off just 2 teeh snapped, so i need a new one, and roughly what will it cost?

fuck it was $550, i needed a whole new end peice n shit... that is gay but i paid it and i will have it back in 10 days :)

Guest R-Bones
my vx2k has started to have a yellow tint to the video, i think maybe one of the ccds burned out, any clue why or if that is even what happend?

maybe try properly white balancing? unless it got hit/dropper... then it is probably a ccd

yeah i have a GL2 and i dont know whats wrong with it. like when you put it in camcorder mode the screen goes black. but when you put it in playback mode the screen turns on. anyone know whats wrong? and does anyone know any reliable repair shops in south california like orang county area?

my vx2k has started to have a yellow tint to the video, i think maybe one of the ccds burned out, any clue why or if that is even what happend?

did u get that fixed yet, and if so what was it and how much did it cost because my vx2000 has the same problem but with a red tint.

On a vx1000 im considering geting when you try to eject the tape the little part that opens is stuck and when if you get it open the tape doesnt come out.

I just got a vx2k, and I left the battery on charge for a while, it's only the standard one you get wiht it. I've ordered a 9 hour one. The camera says it has 74 mins of battery power on the display, yet after about 2 mins it says the battery is dead. Is this more than likely just a dead battery? Or could there be a problem with the electrics, it works fine just off the mains.

Guest volcomkid408

My vx's lcd is loose. How much does it usually cost for sony to fix a thing like that?

Is this a good fisheye, mk1, or should I get a mk2. I am hoping mk2. Please let me know. I plan to get my cam fix and get a fisheye. thanks please reply let me know. And please be courteous and don't bid on that fisheye. I only have $480 to spare/bid for it. thanks alot=]

I just got a vx2k, and I left the battery on charge for a while, it's only the standard one you get wiht it. I've ordered a 9 hour one. The camera says it has 74 mins of battery power on the display, yet after about 2 mins it says the battery is dead. Is this more than likely just a dead battery? Or could there be a problem with the electrics, it works fine just off the mains.

Possibly the battery, eventually they die (as do all rechargable batteries) completely and can no longer hold a charge. Not sure though, what model is the battery?

Volcomkid, I know you're anxious to get a death for your vx2 but you only need to post about it in one section, not in multiple posts.