SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZanderT

Camera Repair

I sent my vx1000 to video electronics and I am more than happy with them. One of the most reliable buisnesses there, not to mention they are very friendly. If anything ever goes wrong with my cam again, no doubt I am sending it there. That means that you guys should send you cameras there because they are quick, reliable, cheap and friendly.

Guest Brengar

anyone get a powerboard repaired.... my camera wont turn on and im assuming its the powerboard

Hello guys. I am going to try and make time to check this forum regularly. We have been getting lots of cams shipped in to us and we thank you for your continued business.

We haven't been collecting the $25 estimate fee and we will continue to evaluate your cams at no charge! We have made a lot of friends in the process and we will always do the right thing.

Feel free to email me at camfixguy@yahoo.com with any specfic questions. It's tough to diagnose without actually seeing the cam, but we do see a lot of reoccuring problems and have created some fix arounds to save you money when we can.

We are also repairing a lot of dv editing decks....so if you have one of those we can help too.

Thanks again

Kerry

I have a Panasonic PVGS200 cam and the front lens cracked off, and the USB port fell inside the cam.

This is the 2nd time the fronts cracked off. All the area where the threads are is off and I can see a big red circle around the lens

DamnCameraBroke.jpg

The first time (as seen in pic) happened because of my wide angle. 2nd time it happened because of the Leica lens.

Its too much to send my cam to you from Canada, so I'll let you judge by the pic.

Help me out!

That will probably be an expensive one. It's tough to judge by the pics how much will have to go. Call me Monday so I can get some more info as to pricing on the entire nose and cabinet parts. I will have to check the manual for info on the dv jack mounting.

877-664-9992

978-664-9992

Kerry

Well you see, the camera is at Panasonic Canada in Toronto now.

They called the other day and gave me an estimate of 344.40 Canadian currency, for parts and labour.

One of the users in another thread said that happened to his camera, he bought the parts and fixed it himself, for under 10 dollars I believe it was?

Id much rather leave it with you guys then Panasonic, I wont see it for months.

But can I contact you via email?

Long distance phone charges = alot of $$$

Could you possibly leave me your email or contact me at dylan_thomas_bmx@hotmail.com

Cheers.

you told me that you got it back broken. haha.

It got broken in shipping on the way back, dam them fedex or ups. So I sent it back to video electronics and Kerry was nice enough to fix everything in one day and send it back the same day. The best buisness around. Kerry at Video Electronics is the best to send your cameras to, and I stand by that.

So my Canon ZR25 seems to record fine, but when I play it back (any tape) on the camcorder it changes from the "stopped" to "playing" icon, yet it stays on the blue screen, and doesn't show jack. Anyone know what's wrong? Is it something I can fix myself? Any help would be much appreciated. :P

about your canon zr the blue screen is probably just blocked heads. head cleaner may or may not clean it up. the other possibility is worn/bad/or broken heads.

Clean and align=cheap

canon head replacement=not so cheap

let me know if i can help

Funny. I cleaned the heads about a week ago because it was giving me a "dirty heads" message. But I just cleaned them again when I saw your post, and it seems to be playing back now...for now...But thanks alot! Hopefully it stays good.

Dear Video Electronics, my name is BEn Sink , and uh I have a VX1000 with a burnt out viewfinder. I see the cost is 175 bucks and today is Monday down here in NC so I want to ship Wed. But I need to know how to pay, and also how long it will take to fix it. If you can go ahead and order the part that would help get it done quicker because Im in the middle of shooting a video and thats my only camera, Thanks alot just get back to me ASAP, thanks, Ben

Ben, we usually stock the parts needed to fix your viewfinder. You can pay by credit card over the phone once the camera is done. We try our best to turn around any Skate perception cams within a day or two assuming we have the parts.

Lew

Hey man, I got a quick question. How much to clean the heads on a vx1000? And also, would you by chance have a vx2000 sitting around for sale?

I just wanted to let people know Video Electronics is the best place to get camera repairs, pleaes don't hesitate to do so. There fast, nice, and just overall great.

Lew, I sent my cam yesterday. I included a peice of paper saying that the viewfinders burnt out and all, I told my mom do get next day shipping but it would have been 100 and she said shes not doing that, but it should be there nxt week either tues or wed. And I was wondering if when its fixed and Ive paid and everything if you could ship like the 2 day AiR or something liker that so I wouldnt have to wait till the nxt week after that to get it back, BEn

Mikey, theh basic service for cleaning and minor alignment is $75 + shipping. We can quote you anything else we find when we get it in.

Karma, we will trun it around fast. If it is just the ribbon and tune up we may even have it done the day we get it. As far as return shipping; we can send it any way you like. Fedex ground is by far the most economical but the slowest. We ship Fedex daily so you can specify the method when we call you about your cam.

Lew

Yes cky. We can go through it for you and clean/align/test for $75 + shipping. If it's a vx1000 for example, we will check to see if you have the updated evf ribbon, check your bayonet mount out, check the mic section, and a few other common problem areas that these cams have.

You really can't go wrong since you probably need a professional cleaning anyway.

Lew

Hey my camera will be there the 15th, is there anyway i could get it back before fri, like thrus? which shipping would i need for that, thanks Ben