SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ZanderT

Camera Repair

rozeeb,

Sorry, it might have ended up being 1/2 the price I told you. Just no way to be sure 'till I get it in pieces. Let me know what your looking for. I sometimes have cams in here I've serviced and sell.

tyler....

What kind of cam we talking. Not a fan of head cleaners but once through can't hurt. Don't go nuts with it or you'll do more harm than good.

hotpie,

Great name. The VX sounds like, hell I don't know off hand what that sounds like. Gotta see it. No charge for that though. Get back to me when you get it and we can try more things to give me some idea. You can post here or email me at camfixguy@yahoo.com

A gs65, but i ran head cleaner through and it was fine. My friend has a gl1 though and it wont turn on, he dropped it but it wasnt far from the gorund and now it wont turn on. He charged all of the batteries he has for it and tried them and it still wont work. I told him about you guys and I think he is going to call you or something to see if you can do anything.

yeah, i returned my camera, but if you have any of close to the same model as my trv17 was then that would be great. i loved it

tylerhogan,

almost certainly fractured the surface mount connectors between the boards. Usually not too crazy to fix. Typically all labor. As long as it doesnt take too long to find them tell him to count on the equiv. of a tune up, $125 - $225. I'm not phsycic so you can't take that to the bank but USUALLY thats the case. Get 'er in here.

rozeeb,

Sorry man, but I'll be glad to look around for you. How much you looking to spend, you know without breaking the bank. It will help me know what to look for.

Later guys

Kerry

Guest KrewFilmer

I just bought a vx1000 set up off of ebay...the guy didn't even say nothing about the camera was a little messed up..this is wats wrong with my camera,you know how you click down on the eject button the top pops open but the part where you insert the mini dv doesn't comes up how can i fixed this!???????? I need it fixed asap thank you reply back please need your help.and how much is the price range? Aim HammerCity562

KrewFilmer,

Does it even try? Can you here the motor try or is there nothing at all? Other functions work? Lens come up / focus / zoom / exposure settings....? If you just bought it, it should probably have a general once over anyway, The actual problem will probably be fixed in the process.

Let me know if I can help.

Kerry

Guest KrewFilmer

Video Electronics

Yeah Everthing Else Works Fine,And Yes I Could Hear The Motor Its Hard To Here But Its Trying To Run.

Can You Help

krewFilmer,

Have you ever had one of these apart before? If my guess is right I can probably walk you through it. Let me know. I'll get back to you over the weekend from home and see if we can get you up and running. Worst case it can come here but might be able to get you going. You can post here or email me at camfixguy@yahoo.com

Kerry

Hey, I have a GL1 that when I turn it off, set everything to lock etc, and leave the battery in, it starts beeping. Like, about 10-15 minutes after I turn it off, the tape drive makes some noise like it's trying to do something and then a beep sounds 5 times and it will continue to repeat this process until the power source is removed. Has anyone ever encountered this or does anyone know the problem? Thanks.

Hey, I have a GL1 that when I turn it off, set everything to lock etc, and leave the battery in, it starts beeping. Like, about 10-15 minutes after I turn it off, the tape drive makes some noise like it's trying to do something and then a beep sounds 5 times and it will continue to repeat this process until the power source is removed. Has anyone ever encountered this or does anyone know the problem? Thanks.

I think that is just the automatic shut down to save power.

this is a pretty common problem, the bayonet mount and front lens part tore off, i just need to see how much it will cost to fix if video electronics has an email can someone kick it down i couldnt find it, it was probably right in my face but couldnt see it or if theres an easier way to fix the problem can someone help me out thanx.

busted_vx.jpg

I think that is just the automatic shut down to save power.

It's sounds logical but after it beeps like that and I turn it back on it tells me to eject the tape. And then after I eject it and put it back in it works again.

It could be a sign that your heads are getting old and need to be replaced possibly. Thats just my guess.

Alright, thanks Colin. I think I'm going to take it to a shop or something. Hopefully it wont be the heads and wont cost hundreds of dollars to fix.

Alright, thanks Colin. I think I'm going to take it to a shop or something. Hopefully it wont be the heads and wont cost hundreds of dollars to fix.

video electronics!

No problem man glad to help. Yea hit up Video Electronics.

I looked around and apperently the only place that will fix my Optura 10 with the wheel drive problem is Canon... They want eighty bucks just to look at the damn thing and another one hundred to fix it... I payed about two hundred and twenty for the camera in the first place... Think it's worth the cash?

I am going to close this thread as it is too hard to follow. With the new format in this forum it will be easier to sort out the threads.

Lew