SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
FamiliaLoucas

Another viewfinder ribbon cable issue...

Hi everyone, 

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've had this problem with my viewfinder since i've had my Vx1000.

Is it a viewfinder ribbon cable issue? I've got these weird lines that only pop up if the viewfinder is tilted upright. It also makes the exposure etc seem like it's a bit over exposed when it's in fact set perfectly.

Snapped back down in position it works fine and colour etc are perfect. All the lines disappear. 

I don't mind for the time being, it just makes filming with the mk1 a little harder at times.

I've attached pictures.

First one has the lines. Second is normal. Sorry about the quality.

IMG_6329 2.jpg

IMG_6330 2.JPG

Hey,

If your footage comes out clean, then yes, a viewfinder problem, and likely the ribbon though there are a few other possibilities

We get a lot of cams from Europe, and every other country actually, so there can't be many that know what they're doing. Where are you in Europe?

Sorry, I was out yesterday. Storm had downed trees blocking roads out of my town. And yes, this is Kerry, hey! Just shoot me an email...kerry@videoelectronics.tv with your name and mailing address. Then shoot over $24 USD  through Paypal (use my email address as the pay to on Paypal). I'll drop on in the mail