SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
nstripphoto

Back Smith

This is one of the first photos I ever shot that I was really stoked on. Wish the spot was still there, only went once and then it was removed a couple months later. I have been told it's too tilted. Opinions?

40640261382_887501e7e5_b.jpg

• Like 4

The tilt doesn't bother me that much, I think you made the right choice there.

I do think you should have gotten lower though. The main focus right now is the top of the slide, which forces your gaze 'upward' towards the sky and you have to counteract this and bring your gaze down to look at the skater. Getting lower could have solved that problem, as well as gotten rid of the building in the background. It's not a huge loss, but it would have made the entire frame more legible.

However I do realise that getting lower would have brought the graffiti on the left into play, sooooo that would be a problem there as well. And it bothers me that the bottom right of the slide is ever so slightly overexposed.

its at a awkward amount of tilt. its at the point where it maybe could be vertical but maybe could be a horizontal. I like the formal aspects of the image but for me the tilt is awkward