SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
doyle

First GH5 Footage - Montage

Trying out a new GH5 at the park the other day:

All of it shot with a Sigma 18-35 and Canon 8-15. The GH5 is fucking incredible.

• Like 2

LOL. classic edit.

Only thing that sucks is that blue flare that I think is caused by the speedbooster. I've noticed it in Beagles footage with the speedbooster/other brand 8mm. Do you get the same width when zoomed out to 8mm on an adapter without glass? Could be that it's a cheap adapter too not sure what you're using.

Also what mic and are you using manual audio? Sounds a bit tinny or something. Maybe a bass heavy mic like the new VideoMic Pro Plus would sound better.

Also the quality of 180fps vs 120fps is apparently significant but I know you were just testing the camera.

No complaints about the filming! All dope.

song was a full bop but footage looked good! did you add a vignette or is that due to a variable ND? i just wish there was more barrel distortion with the fisheye footage. thats pretty much the only thing that scares me from micro 4/3's. good job!

14 minutes ago, jordanpalmerwiens said:

LOL. classic edit.

Only thing that sucks is that blue flare that I think is caused by the speedbooster. I've noticed it in Beagles footage with the speedbooster/other brand 8mm. Do you get the same width when zoomed out to 8mm on an adapter without glass? Could be that it's a cheap adapter too not sure what you're using.

Also what mic and are you using manual audio? Sounds a bit tinny or something. Maybe a bass heavy mic like the new VideoMic Pro Plus would sound better.

Also the quality of 180fps vs 120fps is apparently significant but I know you were just testing the camera.

No complaints about the filming! All dope.

Thanks for the feedback! I think that flare is due to the cheap adapter I'm using. I've been waiting for a speedbooster to show up for like a month now. And yeah, this was shot at 8mm and then cropped, but I think those flares would be there at all lengths.

I'm using the Rode VideoMic Pro R and yeah, on manual. I haven't really messed around too much with it, but maybe turning the high pass filter on would help?

7 minutes ago, Steak said:

song was a full bop but footage looked good! did you add a vignette or is that due to a variable ND? i just wish there was more barrel distortion with the fisheye footage. thats pretty much the only thing that scares me from micro 4/3's. good job!

Definitely because of a cheap variable ND. I don't mind it for stuff like this, but I probably would work around it or get a new one if I was shooting something other than random park clips.

I hear good things about the new Viltrox adapter. Just as goos as the metabones but at half the price

Yeah, that's the one I bought. Shipping has taken over a month though.