SkatePerception
brgmmb

vx1000 audio - volume peaks way too high

Hey guys,

One of my vx1000s has an audio issue where the high sounds (popping, grinding, etc.) are way too high and peaking, and the low sounds (like wheels rolling, cars passing, etc.) are way too quite and hardly registering. I used to record with the audio just set on auto, but as this problem arose I've been lowering the audio level. Started with 6, 5, 4, and now I record on 2.5-3 because the problem continues to get worse. 

Even recording on 2.5-3 audio level results in harsh noises and peaking levels from ollies and popping and such.

Anyone had this problem before?

Mac

That's an unusual one. All audio blowing out or getting low are the way a problem usually begins to reveal itself. There are a few possibilities, all board level failures. Nothing you can compensate for with settings I'm afraid. It'll need to see a shop. If you don't have one you trust I'll be glad to have a look for you.

I figured it was board level. Just didn't know if anyone else has had this happen. Thanks, Kerry. My other vx is on its way to you now, once I get that one back I'll be sending this one your way as well!