SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
doyle

4:3 HD - Montage

Still testing out the GH5, figuring out what looks best. This camera blows my mind every time I use it. The fisheye was shot at 4K in the anamorphic mode and cropped down to 1440 x 1080, and the long stuff was all 1080p 120fps sped up.

• Like 1

looks great! not a fan of the 60p playback but thats just a pet peeve. hd fisheye cropped 4:3 looks so amazing! that camera is a beast

fuck yeah!

audio still seems thin, maybe knock it up a couple in camera. also, try using the -10db setting and boosting in camera, that way you can just flick to 0db for long lens. there's also a mic level limiter and wind cut setting that might change things up.

love the trend of hd 4:3 tho! still haven't seen an hpx with an mk1 screw but hopefully that will be something that pops up.

and if the long lens was all 120p then the bs boneless clip was probably a little choppy because your after effects comp or export didn't match. not a fan of the 60p uploads myself either, i've tried it with a vx and it doesn't look like the original footage it just looks weirdly smooth.

nimrod and canadien just came back to ottawa but i still miss my boy sam! you should def film more with him he kills it.

Yeah, I already use the -10db setting but didn't change anything up since last time. That level limiter may help though.

I don't think an HPX with Mk1 screw would work as the Mk1 back element is pretty small. I wasn't sure how I was going to edit and shit so I was just filming some slowmo stuff and ended up wanting to have it full speed but not take the time to properly convert it, which is why some of it seems a little choppy I think.

And yeah, Sam is the best!