SkatePerception

"wander" is a short film about breaking from the norm & finding happiness.

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

Produced by: Patrick Bilazzo

Directed, Shot & Edited by: David Stoessel

Filmed on RED Epic

Edited with Adobe Premiere Pro CC

• Like 1

the locations, shots, colour, pacing were all great. only gripe was that the script was a little too cliche/'written' for what seemed like was an amazing adventure and the speaker sounded like he was reading a paper/it was dishonest. the fully flared zoom was a little jarring but it was for effect obviously. some of those shots were super epic though! can't wait to see what else you do with the red. <3

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jordanpalmerwiens said:

the locations, shots, colour, pacing were all great. only gripe was that the script was a little too cliche/'written' for what seemed like was an amazing adventure and the speaker sounded like he was reading a paper/it was dishonest. the fully flared zoom was a little jarring but it was for effect obviously. some of those shots were super epic though! can't wait to see what else you do with the red. <3

Thank you! As for the VO. The homie who i made the video for (the dude in it) did the VO and it tool a MONTH to get that out of him. I tried to coach him through it even because like you said, it sounded like he was reading a script. He was struglling so hard and i dont understand why. Haha so i kind of had no choice but to use the best takes from the 30 recordings he did. He also wanted MORE “fully flared zooms” and i had to convince him to not make me do it. Lol

2 hours ago, Steak said:

Thank you! As for the VO. The homie who i made the video for (the dude in it) did the VO and it tool a MONTH to get that out of him. I tried to coach him through it even because like you said, it sounded like he was reading a script. He was struglling so hard and i dont understand why. Haha so i kind of had no choice but to use the best takes from the 30 recordings he did. He also wanted MORE “fully flared zooms” and i had to convince him to not make me do it. Lol

I think the reason the the fully flared ones work is because they ease/ramp in where as these are just BAM BAM BAM! haha.

1 hour ago, jordanpalmerwiens said:

I think the reason the the fully flared ones work is because they ease/ramp in where as these are just BAM BAM BAM! haha.

Good point! Haha

• Like 1