SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
JSantiago

Heelflip

Shot on Canon 6D with one flash on the other side of him & natural light on the side facing towards us. 

Critique/Comments welcome!

Thanks everyone! 

Denzel Jennings - Heelflip

• Like 1

I think you did alright with what you are working with, but this seems very boring to me. The spot is not that interesting and the skater is so small in the frame. Not really feeling the ass shot either, would be better if he was reg. Maybe a fisheye would have been a better option from the top of the stairs, but then you wouldn't see the drop on the other side. Or even fisheye from the bottom of the stairs, but again it would be another ass shot. 

• Thanks 1

Maybe a shot long lens from on top of the boxes may have looked alright. A regular stance trick here would look a lot more options. 

• Thanks 1

I like what you tried to do but I feel like there's not enough space on the right side of the frame and he's on the very edge it just feels kinda cramped.

• Thanks 1

On 4/13/2018 at 8:53 PM, nstripphoto said:

I think you did alright with what you are working with, but this seems very boring to me. The spot is not that interesting and the skater is so small in the frame. Not really feeling the ass shot either, would be better if he was reg. Maybe a fisheye would have been a better option from the top of the stairs, but then you wouldn't see the drop on the other side. Or even fisheye from the bottom of the stairs, but again it would be another ass shot. 

Thanks! I get entirely what you mean. There's another side to this & it's an exact duplicate. I should've asked for him to do it on that side instead.  

On 4/14/2018 at 10:04 AM, galwayj said:

Maybe a shot long lens from on top of the boxes may have looked alright. A regular stance trick here would look a lot more options. 

I can imagine what you're saying here & I don't think it'd be that bad of a shot. Definitely something to consider next time I'm there.

On 4/19/2018 at 1:04 AM, TonyZ said:

I like what you tried to do but I feel like there's not enough space on the right side of the frame and he's on the very edge it just feels kinda cramped.

In hindsight, I should've shot a little bit towards the right. There's a lot of dead space that's pretty distracting.