SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
ACSlater

Jesus Christ. What happened?

What the hell happened to this forum? It used to be so poppin' that you couldn't keep up with the posts. Now it's like a fucking ghost town... 

I used to love this place.

Yeah, there was no Instagram (or even iPhones) when SP was really in its prime. There was hardly even YouTube, so this was the best/only place to watch skating. Remember posting videos on blip.tv to be able to play back the original Quicktime files? Or those weird free website hosting sites? 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, FLstrange said:

this is a pretty good recap of how it all went down: http://forums.skateperception.com/topic/315367-the-book-of-revelations-of-the-true-church-of-the-skate-perception/

that and the modern skate youth have less interest in learning how to operate cameras in today's social media centric, smart phone driven world

Ha, ha. At least FLstrange is still here...

On 4/15/2018 at 3:13 PM, ACSlater said:

What the hell happened to this forum? It used to be so poppin' that you couldn't keep up with the posts. Now it's like a fucking ghost town... 

I used to love this place.

Keep posting and replying, it's the only way the place gets going again (although it'll never reach 2005-2010 popularity)

• Like 1

Wasn't BulletPimp the one who had his camera fucked up and said, "YOU STUPIDITTYYYYYYY!" 

Lol. Fag.

It's now the 'me generation' where people can directly post their shit to instagram for instant likes and gratification. That doesn't really help.

On 4/17/2018 at 12:16 PM, ACSlater said:

Wasn't BulletPimp the one who had his camera fucked up and said, "YOU STUPIDITTYYYYYYY!" 

Lol. Fag.

That was Joe23 I thought. Anyway I think he went home with Victor...

How is it that people are complaining about bpimp and joe (both solid members) but riseagainst and the dick hotdog bun guy havent been mentioned?

Who was the dude we ousted from aag a few years back? FL, do you remember?

Oh wow I haven't thought of those names in forever. I remember riseagainst and bulletpimp and all that. 

On 5/4/2018 at 1:35 PM, ACSlater said:

YEAH! It was Joe23. Ha, ha. What a fag.

Exactly

Hahaha I remember the dick hot dog guy....and that bitch paiges nudes....whatever happened to coloradoLOVE?

Most of the people on here are kind people. Many of us grew up together but now I need your help. The previous sentence is not necessarily grammatically wrong, it is just that it makes me cry. I'm now referring to a sentence two sentences ago. More now. We, in life, are actually chasing the past similar to how I'm chasing a reference to my sentence. The sentence that I want this to be about. We are living in the memories of our future selves because we are not quick enough to process the precise moment as it happens. Did you notice that? "As it happens." Happens refers to past-tense. We don't even have a word to refer to the occurrence of something as it occurs. And, so, we are remembering things as they happen. Bring me to my next point (maybe next is the best word because by the time your brain processes the word "next" you will be existing in the point to which I refer as the "next" point; therefore, the one you are experiencing contemporaneously.

"Many of us grew up together but now I need your help."

Two tries:

"but" is supposed to be used when the point after it contrasts with the point that preceded it. I.e., (id est, it is Latin and it means "in other words" (it is different to e.g., or exempli gratia which means for example. (if you can distinguish between these two you are the top 1%.)) (I want to do well in school BUT I don't want to try hard.)

Me needing your help does not contrast with us having grown up together. The word 'but' shouldn't have been used by whomever used it--most likely, the future-being controlling me giving hints as to what happens next but never actually taking me out of the shadows only pretending I have free will.

) (I still had one parenthetical to close out and wasn't going to forget: it's not a typo.)

• Like 2