SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
bobbybils

HPX250 not powering up

So I recently acquired a used Panasonic HPX250 and today it started to give me trouble turning on where it would take a few tries switching the on/off switch or putting in a new battery to get it to power up.  Finally it will not power up no matter what I do.  When I put in the battery and switch it to ON, the backlight on the LCD lights up, but the red lamp indicating the mode does not light up.  The camera is humming and it seems like it is getting power.  The weirdest part is that if I switch it to OFF, it does not stop humming nor does the backlight turn off.  The issue happens with 3 different batteries and also the AC adapter.  Any idea what is happening?

Nothing leaps to mind other than the possibility of a corrupt microprocessor due to corrosion. Something that is not a naturally occurring failure, but an induced one. I'll do a little digging and see if there are/were any service bulletins from Panasonic but I'm guessing not. May take a little time but I'll post again once I know. Or you can send it and I'll have a look

A lot of digging and also spoke to a Panasonic Engineer. No bulletins for any problems like that. He felt as I do that it was an induced failure and the only fix would be a main board replacement. I priced on out on a 170 recently and it was not an option. $800 or $900 as I recall. Just for the board...then software adjustments. I can get you specific pricing but it's not looking good. Sorry man

Probably should have added that I'll be glad to go through it and determine exactly whats going on. I could be way off the mark. At least you'd know for sure.