SkatePerception

I made an edit from all the footy we got from a trip in Barca for Vague Mag, featuring Welsh Tommy and Sam Austin.

This is my first edit using the VX1 after owning it for a few months.

Ch-ch check it.

get closer, lower

try to keep framing consistent (especially in lines they're going left and right in the frame)

turn off the manual audio, auto is always better

board shows up in the shot sometimes

make sure all lenses are clean

turn up sharpness all the way in the custom presets

upres to at least 720p for youtube

8 hours ago, jordanpalmerwiens said:

get closer, lower

try to keep framing consistent (especially in lines they're going left and right in the frame)

turn off the manual audio, auto is always better

board shows up in the shot sometimes

make sure all lenses are clean

turn up sharpness all the way in the custom presets

upres to at least 720p for youtube

Cheers for the critique, mate.

However I do want to point out some things;

Audio: The problems with the audio are not due to it being manual, there was an issue with my cap cam at the time and all the audio was fucked meaning I had to try and amend this in post (hence some parts sound loud, then really quiet). Unfortunately, this was well sorted after the edit was done though. 

Lens not being clean : I might be blind but I don't see where the lens weren't clean? Some shots we had limited time to fuck about (aggy locals) and Barca can be dusty, so that could be around certain parts incl. the slappy nose nollie flip out. 

board being in the frame: Board showing up in the shot with the wallie at the up ledges was due to the helicopters being all over the floor and me almost slamming. Those things are gnarly, basically big stones that even a filmer board cannot ride over.

But yeah cheers, G. 

What is the best way to render the footy to 720? I am sure I saw a tutorial on here, but it made everything look a bit off and wider with that tutorial.