SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
JSantiago

Bump to Bar FS 180

Could do with more space on the bottom and on the left. Are you working with only one flash? Only having half the bush lit up and half blacked out looks a bit sloppy, perhaps you could have readjusted the flash such that it was either completely in the dark or completely lit, looks kind of messy either way. 

Personally I would have slowed down my shutter speed, made sure the bush wasn't lit up by the flash, and have skater is still lit up and frozen whilst the bush is blurred out from the slow shutter speed, probably would have cleaned up the frame a lil bit and also made the shadows a little less harsh. Also, he shoulda worn lighter colours, but can't really help that haha.

I think lighting that bush is a necessary side effect of lighting the landing, given his lighting place. I see what's going on but to me, it was initially confusing as to what direction he was traveling. If you thought this was just an ollie, then it looks like he's going left and out of the frame. But that doesn't make sense given the runup and where he's looking. If it were from the side more, it would be more obvious where exactly he is in the air.

Maybe back up a little so its not so tight. I agree with tony a slower speed to bring some ambient light in would look sick and not lighting up the bush. . The shadow on the corner of the rail is also a bit distracting. Could of been cool to hide a speed light or something in the right corner of the bush pointing at him. 

Sick photo tho love a good bump to bar.