SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
hdfilmerguy

Hpx170 questions

what settings do fat bill or johnny wilson, the blobys, lurknyc, etc? do they use 30p or 60p?

what is the new polar vid? 30 or 60? it looks like hpx170 footage:

what scene files do they use? Do you think any of them are the ones you can download from panasonic’s website? 

Once i find a scene file i like can i just never change it? Or will i have to find a new one to film at night with an artificial light source?

Export the video in 30fps.  If you want the option to slow mo shoot in 60fps but export it in 30.  30 Looks way better. I can't remember but I think on a hpx if you shoot 30fps you can shoot in 1080p.

several more questions:

do people use "scene files" or just leave the stock settings? ben chardone, strobeck (minus the hd stuff), johnny wilson, and logan lara's footage all seem to have the same color palette. the blue in the sky often reminds me of a vx2_00 colors.

also..

is it possible to "mark" a clip in the mcr/ playback mode? also what should I be exporting it as? i'm using fcp6 and the export>quicktime file doesn't seem to  have that high of quality.

what do you reckon Ben Chardone's settings are for when he exports?

https://vimeo.com/297648729

this video is also so fucking good.

On 10/30/2018 at 8:18 AM, JonPlarr said:

Export the video in 30fps.  If you want the option to slow mo shoot in 60fps but export it in 30.  30 Looks way better. I can't remember but I think on a hpx if you shoot 30fps you can shoot in 1080p.

Yea I have heard this. Don't export it in 60 frames.

Also to add. Does anyone have any good scene files? I just got a hvx and don't really have any good scene files.. 

i've just been using the camera with the stock settings and it looks pretty good. i have a frezzi 75w and at night it doesn't seem to be as bright in footage at 1/60 with the iris open. i thought it had good low light and in the quasi video they used a frezzi and it looked much brighter. i remember vx1000 footage being brighter with a frezzi so i dont know what to do about that. should i fuck with the gain?

also how do i copy files from the p2 cards onto an external harddrive? so i can free up space on the p2 cards. i would want the raw files that i would be able to edit with later. would fcp6 (what i'm using) be able to read those files? i'm also not talking about using the external as the scratch drive or whatever but essentially duplicate the p2 cards onto the external (?)

Most people use cine d, looks good and if you wanna go the extra mile color correcting in premiere is super easy, just use the basic sliders under lumetri colors in premiere, YouTube color correction and watch a couple tutorials, scene files aren't as important as you think