SkatePerception
lookmaaan

new Opteka deathlens lookalike brand

I emailed them about it. They have some clips on their youtube channel but the quality is absolute dog shit. Im very curious tho. Would be nice to have something better than the opteka and cheaper than an mk1. Id love to get an mk1 but thats just not possible on my student budget and optekas are pretty terrible 😕 Ill update this if they respond to me

Edit: Pretty sure they arent going to respond.

Edit:Edit: They responded lol will keep the 3 ppl that lurk this place posted

Looks like a MK2, probably not gonna be as wide as the century MK1 and I reckon the quality of the glass is poor.. but for just under 200 euros you might just give it a shot

There are many Opteka lookalike fisheyes on alibaba. I suppose Opteka was just rebranding their glass. At least it was the case with their 6.5mm f/3.5 DSLR lens. I suppose their lenses were coming from a random Chinese factory:

https://www.alibaba.com/trade/search?fsb=y&IndexArea=product_en&CatId=&SearchText=0.3x+fisheye+72mm&viewtype=

I thought I'll be the smart ass and I order one of those "fisheyes". in the end paid 250euros even the price was 140$ (customs and blah blah). they sent me this. And even Alibaba says it has a customer protection but it seems more like "sell wahtever you want and China doesn't care". at least in my case they didn't do anything, I was bitching for good 6 months with alibaba and the 'factory' till there was no use. dindn't get my cash back.

IMG_20190504_103842.jpg