SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
phineas

VX2100 tape blocked

Hey,

Yesterday I was filming with my VX2100, and discovered that the "end search" button for playback wasn't working anymore.

So I switched to VCR mode, and nothing was captured on the tape.

Footages that were on the tape prior to yesterday were not playing, there was a greyish glitch with a few pixels of the footages.

More important, I tried to change the tape, but it won't eject anymore.

When I open the door, I can hear the motors trying to eject the tape deck but nothing happens...

I know this is a quite common issue for VX.

What are my options ?

Thanks !

edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention that I have absolutely no error message on the camera

I got an email over the weekend from France, which I responded to this morning. Not sure if that was you but I believe the cam is on it's way today. If it wasn't you, feel free to send it with the form and I'll go through it for you. DON'T need a battery, tape, hood, etc. Just the cam and the form. Let me know to expect it. Oh, edit search failures and not ejecting are common problems for the VX1000 but not the VX2000 or 2100

Thanks for your quick answer, and no it wasn't me who sent you an email.

To be honest I was hoping I could do something on my own before considering sending you the cam, which would be quite expensive from France.

Is there any things I can do without changing any parts ?

Not likely I'm afraid.You have more than one problem and they don't seem as though they can be related. There are so many things that will need to be exposed and tested, the odds are very high that more damage than good would result if it's not something you do every day. If it were something routine and relatively simple I'd have been more than happy to walk you through it and save the money. And you're right, shipping isn't cheap from overseas. Between $50 and $60 each way depending on where you are. It was almost $80 to Tasmania.

If you know Guillaume P and his crew in Paris, (they released "I Luv Kiev" a couple years back) you might ask him if he knows someone there. He used to send here but it got costly with multiple cams.