SkatePerception
Tournevis Cruciforme

VX1000 Tape won't open, weird colors

I've just bought a VX1000 (not working) and I don't really know where the malfunction is.

I think the battery is dead, some are arriving but...

Here are the problems :

- the tape don't want to come out ( the tape is full so i can't check if i can record)

-some weird colors changing i think, depending of the light ( sometime its normal colors)

I tried to rewind the tape through my computer but nothing happened

Hope it won't be bad 😕

Olivier

So, will the cam power on? If not it may be the battery but it's not uncommon for the cams power circuit to have failed. If it does power up, what happens when you try and eject?

The camera can power on, I mean the cr2025 is dead. When I power on, I can’t eject the tape (nothing really happen and can’t rewind or play the tape)

When I turn on camera mode, I see like all in green ( sometimes purple or blue )

but watch the videos I’ve uploaded before

Ah, the 2025 is only for day date stamp and retaining settings. The color issues are likely solder fractures in the video circuit...very common. If it won't eject, the power circuit has been compromised, also common. Since the cam is new to you, there's no history, so what I'd uncover once I get it all apart is impossible to guess. The average range for repairs in general for the VX1000 is $150 to $250 if that helps give you an idea what to expect. I can be specific once I've gone through it. I'd let you know before doing the work.