SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
Hodie

What Video Camera

Hello,

I am a 46 year old skateboarder who is thinking about getting into filming.  This would provide me with a opportunity to maintain my ties to skateboarding when at some point my body no longer wants to cooperate with me riding.  What camera is recommended for beginners?

Hodie 

Hottest camera in skate rn is the iphone haha. Besides Iphone; Panasonic HD Camcorders, Canon DSLRs or Sony VX series is primarily what people are using these days for skate cameras. People are using everything these days though, Gopros, Hi8, Digital 8, VHS just get out there and film, get some practice and see what you like. 

• Like 1

i had a canon t3i for my first filming camera with a rokinon fisheye and one of those mounts where you can hold it nicely low with one hand if you know what i mean, it was a decent setup if you have 3 batteries with you i noticed they died pretty quickly when filming lines or anything for long but it was a good camera for a budget of 400 you could probably buy a setup for like 300 now maybe even cheaper since that camera is outdated now kinda. now i have a sony vx1000 with a raymod fisheye and i need to send it out to repair and im not able to film currently and that sucks.