SkatePerception

Believe it or not, people, there IS a Search button! Use it. I have seen way too many threads where people had to conduct searches for other people - instead of making a topic, taking up bandwidth, and wasting someone else's time, it would be great if you could save us all the energy and just use the Search button yourself. All noobs, and everyone else for that matter, need to read the Posting Guidelines written by Grandman - although it may be a bit overboard, after this post and the Posting Guidelines, I will start taking points off here and there for people not using the Search button. Sorry to be so dick'ish, but it has to be done.

-Jason

jsut delete repeat topics

Searching would prevent having to do that. But you should bring back the buttons that grandman or steve or whoever it was that made them made for the old topic about searching to put in the bottom of your sig, but since I couldn't find that one I just wrote it in my sig.

I think there should be an archive forum where old pinned and other informative/contributing topics can be moved to and locked so that instead of having them automatically deleted from not having replies they can still be available to search for the information.

If people have question about a topic in the archives, instead of replying to the locked thead they could just PM the author for help-- keeping the archives from having to be modded and such. Also there wouldn't be any need for organization because users would use the search button to locate the topics which by default would be organized by date.

I remember trying to link someone who made a topic about spyware on their computer an old how-to thread about it and the search came up with nothing, but the link to the spyware thread would have helped the user out and the purpose of the thread he made would have been accomplished and would have quickly died out.

I dunno, topics don't 'dissapear' for a real long time (when they become 'unsearchable') so I think if something is that old it's fine to be discussed from scratch again.

my search dosnt work half the time for some reason. it comes up with an error. but i agree with what u say

yea, mine always tells me it cant find shit.

my search dosnt work half the time for some reason. it comes up with an error. but i agree with what u say

Second time usually works.

some times the search button doesnt work for me. its crazy

As some or many might know, i've had to search for people countless times.

People not using the search button happens on all the forums, but it does happen here a whole lot more than on other ones it seems. Too many "n00bs" i guess, who don't know much about teh internet and forums....

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.