SkatePerception
minnird

Looking For Camera?

i ordered optura 20 a week and a half ago, and they just told me that they are discontinued, cuz they have a focusing problem on pbjects far away that are in motion. So they were like, sry sry sry, and gave me optura 50 free of additional charge

ive got a sony handycam dcr-trv260, its hi8, has firewire ports, puts out pretty good video and audio quality ( if you dont know much about it search for a review on it ) and im considering trying to sell it and save up to buy the optura 10. anyone think i should? yes? no?

how long u been filiming? is that digital 8? i got a 245e (d8), ive been filming for over a year and a half and im probley upgrading to a trv900.

O and what do you think abought referbrished cameras?

i have the setup and i got my camera refurbished. it all depends on where you get your camera and other stuff like that. i think its a good way to get stuff for cheaper just as long as your careful on what your buying.

How do you prevent drilling right through the tapedeck?

u dont drill into the camera.. u use the tripod mount

I want a video camera which I will be using for skateboarding, and maybe some mess around crap with some friends, but mostly skateboarding. I had my eye on the Sony VX2100, but that's kinda an expensive camera, it's over $3,000 if you buy it new. And I'm asking for a camera for christmas, but I'm going to need some other options which I prob will. Can someone give me some choices for a camera I can get? And I want a sony camera, cuz I heard those are pretty good.

I want a video camera which I will be using for skateboarding, and maybe some mess around crap with some friends, but mostly skateboarding. I had my eye on the Sony VX2100, but that's kinda an expensive camera, it's over $3,000 if you buy it new. And I'm asking for a camera for christmas, but I'm going to need some other options which I prob will. Can someone give me some choices for a camera I can get? And I want a sony camera, cuz I heard those are pretty good.

well it looks like your just starting, and i would not reccomend buying a 3ccd camera just yet.

go to the first page of this topic and read what the perfect beginner setup is.

oh and i see you said just for mess around crap and friends, yea you should deff. start with an optura 10, learn with that, then decide if you want to persue filming for a long time.

so just read the first page of this topic.

and sony cameras are good for higher end stuff( and one chip stuff too of course) but, the majority will say that the optura 10 is the best 1ccd starter cam out there

and i agree

Alright, and I did say mess around crap, but the camera will most likly be used for skateboarding stuff, like I'm going to try filming my friend and other skaters at the sk8 park, and like I said maybe mess around crap like us just chilling & you know. And the Canon Optura 10 is kinda what I was thinking, and what about a Sony TRV 900? Any thoughts on that camera for first timers?

Alright, and I did say mess around crap, but the camera will most likly be used for skateboarding stuff, like I'm going to try filming my friend and other skaters at the sk8 park, and like I said maybe mess around crap like us just chilling & you know. And the Canon Optura 10 is kinda what I was thinking, and what about a Sony TRV 900? Any thoughts on that camera for first timers?

i would get the uptrua to learn with and use it as your saving for ur trv. because a trv900 is a 3ccd and you dont need it yet

What about the optura 20? Is it better or worse then the optura 10

the only difference is a larger lcd, and lcd's are hardly ever used (except for play back)

so its a waste to pay more money for a larger lcd screen

so in my opinion

optura 10 is better

your gonna need a fisheye too

Kenko .43 fisheye or Raynox qc-303 are both around 40 dollars

Century optics Baby Death is the best but its $300

Ok, but the canon optura 10 I have to get on ebay, I don't have ebay but my friend does I can get him to bid on it and give him the money. Also, I found just 2 optura 10's on ebay, and prob won't start bidding until it's closer to christmas when those 2 are gone will there still be more canon optura 10's on ebay? And how much can I get a fisheye on ebay if you think that's what I really will need?

they will always be on ebay.

and you can get the lens for 40 bucks tops probably,brand new.

adorama.com

or

bhphoto.com

or

tristatecamera.com

Guest MovementSkater

Im getting an Op 10 and kenko for Christmas for sure (I accidently found them downstairs :P), and im wondering if a handle is a good thing to make? Cuz im gonna be filming/filmed lines, stairs and all that.

Im getting an Op 10 and kenko for Christmas for sure (I accidently found them downstairs :P), and im wondering if a handle is a good thing to make? Cuz im gonna be filming/filmed lines, stairs and all that.

most people like to have them, when i had my old camera it helped me a great deal to make one.

but some people preffer the feel of palming it more than a handle but its all really preference

but it did help me

Guest MovementSkater

Alright thanks man. Ill check how it is without and if it doesn't work out I'll make a handle.

This is what I am looking forward to getting. I was ignorant and wen out and bought some piece of crap camera, Sony Digital 8, it's alright but I am not feeling it. I am thinking about selling it and going ahead and getting this setup.

good choice

that would be a very nice upgrade from what you have now