SkatePerception
graphospasmic

Film Thread

fuji pro 400h is real nice, it's the new nph. portra 160vc is real nice if you rate it at 100. if you want fast film old fuji 800npz is nice, i got ten 220 rolls of that for 30 bucks, i'm shooting 6x4.5 so there's 300 frames for 30 bucks.

i think we should put color slide comparisons on the main page of this thread, just a thought. pretty much just one-upping the descriptions, to actual pictures.

Print film is where the colour is backwards. It is called print film or negative film. Black and white is print film.

Slide film is a positive, looks like a tiny little picture that is correct(colour and stuff). It is called slide film or positive film.

is there any slide film good for portraits? also wich type of portra do i want.. the nc or vc (<<proberly rong)??

I dont know if this has been mentioned but I always like to check different films on flickr.com, just search whatever film and sort it by tags and you can see tons of results

Provia is pretty good all round film but you have to be aware that it has a slight magenta cast to it. If shooting portraits on transparency I would probably go for Astia (for the warmer tones), or Kodak EPP (if you require precise colour rendition). Do not use saturated films as you will end up with reddish skin tones!

Check out freestylephoto.biz arista ultra edu film. It's rebadged fomapan and fortepan. 1.49 a roll for medium format and 1.59 or so for 35mm.

i heard that color neg. film scans better than B&W. is this true?

i heard that color neg. film scans better than B&W. is this true?

if that's true, I highly doubt its noticeably different.

Handy Hint of the Day:

The kodak film you are all referring to is spelt P-O-R-T-R-A. It's a portrait specific film and there for is portra, not porta or potra.

Now that we have that outta the way, alot of you will be wondering what the NC and VC stand for after them

NC = Natural Colours.

VC= Vivid Colours.

so base your buying desicions on that.

Thanks,

Timmy.

This seems like a perfect statement for 'The Film Thread'.

"I Love film, Purely because with Digital, all the colour films we know, have all been made into one little slider bar called 'Saturation'. -Quote Tim Regard. (that's me peoples!)

In conclusion, i fucking love film.

Tim.

"In digital, if you have any clue what you're doing, you almost never touch the saturation bar." -Quote Nick Morales

Levels + Curves > Contrast + Saturation

In conclusion, Timmy doesn't know what he's talking aboot when it comes to digital.

How can you know you're pro-life if you weren't even aborted?

"In digital, if you have any clue what you're doing, you almost never touch the saturation bar." -Quote Nick Morales

Levels + Curves > Contrast + Saturation

In conclusion, Timmy doesn't know what he's talking aboot when it comes to digital.

How can you know you're pro-life if you weren't even aborted?

Wow, your basically the only person (bar of course JEnumerals) to take anything i say, seriously??

B)

i get mine developed at my local lab i dont get prints though but they do offer it

Yeah any decent local lab.

I am lucky, there is a really really legit lab here, cheap too.

Support your local lab so they don't go out of business.

Yeah any decent local lab.

I am lucky, there is a really really legit lab here, cheap too.

Support your local lab so they don't go out of business.

Unless they charge 30 dollars for a roll of b&w, and 15 for a roll of e6 like mine.

Unless they charge 30 dollars for a roll of b&w, and 15 for a roll of e6 like mine.

That is when you buy an over priced roll of film front them, unwind it and put glue that only drys when in contact with air all over the film. Then roll it back up before it dries like you shot it and get them to develope it. I believe they use a very expensive machine for E-6 too. All resulting in their machines being glue to shit.