SkatePerception

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

InNeed

"Bios Error"???

Today i was using my computer, when there was suddenly a powercut. When i turned my computer (AMD athlon 1800, 256 mb ram, MSI motherboard), a message cam up saying Bios Error. Please reset your bios. Ive lost my manual so Ive now idea of how to do this, and i dont have the time to do anything, as this message appears straight away! What should i do?

Man, i wish i could explain this. there is a normally a little chip in the motherboard that you have to remove and it "flashes" the bios rom. I feel retarded because i don't even know what it's called, but i've tore it out a million times.

Yeh, there should be a little jumper on your motherboard that you have to move. To do this you have to open up your computer. It should look something like the pic joined. All you have to do is change its position to the other side, press your the on button f your computer, thatll reset it, then put it back, your comp should be fine.

http://www.bibble.karatmedia.com/quicklook.bmp

i thaught bios was the blue screen that u set like the date and time and wich hard drive u wanted to boot from

i thaught bios was the blue screen that u set like the date and time and wich hard drive u wanted to boot from

It is, but the Bios data is kept on a little chipset. To reset the data on that chipset, you have to move that little jumper.