SkatePerception

I have an HV20, and my friend has an HV30, and over the last few weeks, they both have been glitching a bit, only when filming lines though. I was wondering if I should get a head cleaner tape, even though I have a few suspicions on other reasons it is doing it. Could it be cold weather? Because over a year of filming and this hasn't happened. Or could it be that I fell with the bag on my back, but the bag never hit the ground. The cameras were shook around but didn't bang against each other, but the problems didn't appear until after this so this leads me to believe this may have caused it. does anyone have any similar experiences with these cameras?

I have had the exact same problem! Even the falling bit and only on lines its weird as fuck? any ideas what it is

my GL1 is starting to act up with the glitchy blocks and static lines.. im currently using a sony cleaning tape that temporarily removes the problem, but ill still get it every few days. This just started happening last week. (i recently bought the camera about 3 weeks ago). Im using sony premiums and from what I've gathered, sony premiums are usually a good cause for head issues because their "wet tapes". Unfortunately the person i bought my GL1 from didn't know jack shit about it and most likely stole it, so i have no clue what tapes were previously used (dry or wet)...I have to put my tapes in a panasonic nv gs 39 minidv for capturing footage as my firewire on the GL is broken...maybe that constant mixing of dry and wet lubricant is making a shit storm (Mr. Lahey reference) .....If that isn't the case, can someone give me some suggestions on how to get my heads properly clean and to stop the glitching?

^ ive got a gl1 to and i had the same deal. my gl1 was glitchy for about a week but i went with the risky way since i didnt have a had cleaning tape back then. i used q-tips and alcohol and i dont recommend it because the fibers from the q-tip will rub off and get caught on the lines on the heads. but i messed with that for a few days and they went away for a while but until i got a head cleaning tape i had glitch problems for about 8 months and now i dont get them alot but every so often i get a few. or just send it in to get cleaned. i just look into it alot and use a fan to blow through there. but i havent had any problems lately. though it sounds crazy.

ok, ive always had a bit of glitchy footage, but the head cleaner solves it. But now my heads are right fucked. the footage is glitchy every .1 of a second and its really bad. Can someone please tell me where i can replace these damn things? im not sending it into canon and paying fucking $300.

So basically was filming today on the vx1000 and got the heads dirty symbol ran a head cleaner for 10 secs and carried on filming and bam dirty heads symbol again so tried again and still the same so called it session over, got home and when to put a tape in and got the water drop for condensation left the tape deck open for about 2 mins and it was fine then tried to record and got the same dirty heads problem so I ran the head cleaner once more for about 30-45 seconds and recored for about 1 mins just in my room and it was fine bought the camera off ebay about 2weeks ago and this is the first time it's happened filmed about 10 sessions in total so just wondering if the heads are on the way out or should they be sweet now?