SkatePerception

my friend is wanting to sell me his vx1000 for 1000 bucks. but anyway the only problem is that whenever you put a tape in it says eject tape right away. is this because the heads are dirty? With this in mind is 1 grand a good deal? besides the eject tape problem the vx1 is pristine.

I have a head problem where the timecode keeps resetting and will not always record the footage. I've used a headcleaner twice and it sometimes fixes the probem for a limited amount of time. Sometimes it will record but the Head Contamination sign flashs up.

I heard that get your heads cleaned professionally can fix this problem.

??????.

Hey,

I'm in the U.K so don't know bout repair services over here. I have a Canon MV750i, known different in America but hey.

I cannot playback ANY tapes it just gives me the blue screen. Purchased a Head Cleaner and didnt work, have tried the cleaner 3 times now and no hope :)

Anyone have any ideas in UK to get repaired or what? Sending to Canon is £140... (expensive!)

We just shipped a camcorder back to the UK today. I'm not sure about the shipping cost as the customer put it on his fedex account. There is a 3 day economy that may not be too bad. If you decide to ship it to us we will do the very best for you! Skateperception has become a large account for us these days and we take care of its members. Just a thought and my usual $.02

Lew

Would it be fine to use a tdk head cleaner that says dry head cleaner when I use sony premiums which i think have a wet lubricant? I was just wondering if I should exchange it or use it. But I need to film in 2 days so I'm kinda in a jam.

Would it be fine to use a tdk head cleaner that says dry head cleaner when I use sony premiums which i think have a wet lubricant? I was just wondering if I should exchange it or use it. But I need to film in 2 days so I'm kinda in a jam.

It would probably be a better idea to use a head cleaner designed for a wet tape, but i the chances are that it will do a fine job. If you still can return it or exchange it for a different one, I would just get the right one, but it should be fine.

never used a headcleaner before, but just out of curiousity, are they one use or can you use them time after time? is it recommended you only use a headcleaner once? can a headcleaner get dirty itsself?

when you see the lines on the screan (which is what i have), is it actually recorded onto the tape, or is the desplay just like that and the heads just need a cleaning?

sometimes with my vx1 i see a random skip.. like it looks like a sudden jolt where a few frames are missed. is this due to dirrty heads or could it be more serious?

Usually a clean and align will solve glitching/skipping issues. If the heads are worn from use and/or head cleaning tapes then you would need heads.

Lew

which headcleaner would be beter to use for a jvc one chip? or does it not matter. also i wasj ust wondering for furture reference how much it costs to send in the cam to have it done professionally.

Not really. If it helped and you use the same brand of new tapes, you may find that you are ok. If the contaminants are deeper than the cleaning tape could acess, it may block up again.

The only time heads need to be replaced is if they are worn, or damaged.l

Lew

well my vx1000's heads are pretty muched screwed, i'm saving up money to get them replaced. if i'm using maxell tapes i should just stick with them??

on my vx1000, lately ive been geting glitches in my view finder that i can see when im filming, then i go home and play back the footage on a caputre cam and the glitches are in the footage also, is this a head problem or a viewfinder problem?

Ok so when i try to record it says my heads are dirty. The thing is, i have only owned my camera for about a month. Is this a bad thing?

Is there any tutorials on how to clean the heads better than just using a head cleaner because I don't have the money to send it in.

i took a trip to richmond yesterday

and i turn on my vx1000 to capture the footy to my computer

and its started beeping and said eject

is this because of dirty heads?

no, everyone loves sony premiums, but if you've been using maxwell tapes, stick with them. switching tape brands won't do you any good.

actually i had my gl1 and i had an maxell tape giving me troubles and i switched to a sony premium and the problems were solved (altough my heads are really dirty, and i guess i'm gona have to fork out some $$$ to get em cleaned).

Well I figured I would post info about dirty heads because it is a reoccurring problem that gets asked often, hopefully keeping this new section clean.

Dirty Heads

Symptoms:

If your camera is having random glitches in the video or audio, if it doesn’t playback what’s on the tape properly, says remove tape, has weird lines across the screen, randomly shows small parts of footage you have recorded over, has regular dropouts, or if there isnt even a timecode/picture when you play back, there is a good chance your heads are dirty.

Causes:

Dirty Heads are like aids, when you use a tape in one camera its gets some lubricant from the tape onto the cameras heads, then when you change brands of tapes without cleaning the heads, the lubricant from the new tape mixes with the left over lubricant. This gets all messy and the cameras heads can not communicate with the tape properly, causing problems. This often happens when you purchase a camera used and they used different tapes then you are using, so always ask.

Fixes:

You need to clean your heads, You will need to purchase a head cleaner tape and run it through your camera, for a designated amount of time, normally about 10 seconds or less, but read the instructions. Also you want to use head cleaners as little as you can, though they clean your heads they also wear down you heads, so using them a lot is bad in the long run.

MiniDV Head Cleaner tapes:

Panasonic

Sony

TDK

what if you use CV tapes?!?!?!?