SkatePerception

I want to run a head cleaner through my VX1 and my capture cam.

Is it okay to use the same cleaner? Or do i have to buy 2 cleaners..

I love you so much. Me and my friends were skating this spot and some gay bmxers came and sprayed us with a fire extinguisher it fucked up all my tapes and my heads badly. We would have fought them, but there was 3 of us who were 15 and 14 and 7 of them who were 18+.

what would that home brewed substance be made out of?

my heads were really bad a while back i frequently cleaned them frequently they got better over time

using a head cleaner works best when fast forward and rewinding for 4 seconds is this correct?

my trv 900 goes to a blue standby screen after like 40 min of filming is this due to dirty heads? and if so then i should just order a sony headcleaner right?

i get dropped frames all the time, it pisses me off. i have to capture like 4 times to get it without dropped frames.

thats with my old camera though. i just ordered a new one.

how can i prevent this?

I remember reading somewhere that certain brands of tapes shouldn't be used with certain brands of cameras? I'm using a VX1000, and the local shop don't have any Sony tapes (or Sony head cleaners, for that matter). Would using a Panasonic head cleaner and Panasonic tapes work alright?

I'm using some cheap JVC tapes at the moment (the store I had gone to was out of Sony tapes, so I got JVC instead), and almost every clip I've filmed on two tapes is glitched - I'm thinking that the problem must be the tapes, because I've used both Sony and Panasonic tapes before with almost no glitching.

Also, since it's glitching so much, will a consumer-level head cleaner probably fix this, or should I take it to the shop and have them do it professionally? Or is it more likely that I need new heads altogether?

cmcmahon, whats your first name. i wonder if were related

Chris. Technically, anyone with that last name is (very) distantly related, though.

ok if I'm filming with my vx1000 and I put the tape into my gs80 and playback and the footage has grey lines through it does this mean my vx1000 has dirty heads or my gs 80 has dirty heads ?

Also we have been uploading footage with the gs80 without using a head cleaning tape .

Well, using the head cleaner and testing it out with a new tape didn't do any good. What's the usual turnaround time for repairs/cleaning at Video Electronics? The repair place here hasn't exactly proved themselves to me as being competent over the years.

I was filming at a skatepark one day (this is about 3-4 months after i got my pannasonic gs80) and it said i needed a head cleaning tape. We try going to walmart, target, all that good stuff. couldnt find any. finally we went to radio shack and i bought one of their brand head cleaning tapes. so i go home, try to play it so it will start cleaning, and it says "Press the reset button". I have no idea whats going on, can anyone help me?

I ran across this article.....

i am in agreeance

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Nov 23, 2007 2:27 PM

I shall only use sony tapes from now on.... thanks for the heads up... and on that note, we need to go film soon....

----------------- Original Message -----------------

Date: Nov 23, 2007 6:33 AM

it doesnt matter too much what kind of tapes you use too much as long as you never use multiple brands. its like the first unwritten rule of filming. never mix tape brands.

it will ruin your camera, it will make the heads dirty and will need constant head cleaning which involves putting your baby in playback, which me and other vx1k users will put there vx1k in playback one time since the day they buy it till the day they get rid of it, the one time is the first time, last time and only time, to make sure it works.

make sure you get the right kind of tapes

ie

sony/canon-takes "wet" tapes (sony tapes)

samsung/panasonic-takes "dry" tapes (panasonic tapes/maxell tapes)

fuji tapes are real good because they are "nuetral" tapes

its all different types of lubricants and if you mix tapes or share tapes, you can get someone elses dirty heads on there tape and transfer it to your camera. check what your camera takes and make sure the tapes you buy are good for your camera.

i use sony premiums because they are great tapes and i have good access to them.

i NEVER EVER reuse tapes, you can loose valuable footage even if its on your computer, what if it crashes and you recorded over ur boy's nollie fs feebs down wilshire cus u were too cheap to spend 10 bucks on a new tape at wamart. plus the more you reuse tapes, the more prone to drop outs they are.

mixing tapes and sharing tapes is like aids. filmer A mixes tapes, fuckin up his cam, and his tape, filmer B puts filmer A's tape in his camera, fucks them both up, filmer B puts a new tape in, but his heads are dirty from filmer A's tape then filmer B gives his tapes to editor A and editor A cant do shit cus the tapes have been shared and are all dirty and glitchy and dropped out. dont share tapes unless you know that filmer A and you are both using the same tapes on the same lubricant-system-accepting-camera (you both have "wet" cams or "dry" cams) example: me and pat can share tapes cus we both only use premiums and we both have sonys and when jackson comes down, we can share tapes with him cus he has a gl2 and uses sony tapes

wet and wet

dry and dry

never wet and dry mixed

to get heads profesionally cleaned wouldnt be that much i dont think ive heard of places doing it for free,

i have been using pansonic tapes, i got the pro tapes thinking they would be better but they arent, i really am liking the panasonic DVC's in my trv 900, i have some tapes where the whole tape has no glitches at all

lately my vx2100 has been glitching when i try and playback stuff it did it occasionally before, so i got a sony head cleaner tape from B&H because i use sony premiums, im wondering if its maybe because of the weather because its been very cold lately and i was wondering if that maybe had something to do with it. thanks