SkatePerception
DayOne

Please Contribute

If you have any information on any repairs or prevention precedures please post them. Make sure they are detailed, easy to follow, and work. Please dont post information or techniques if you dont know that they work or are accurate. By doing this you will keep this section clean, and easy to use.

and on another note if you are posting a problem please give out all the information you have, such as camera model, version, how it happened, when it happened, or anything that might help, just dont assume everyone else knows because you know.

and i guess i will be pm'ing a mod to get a little contribution section in here of our own.

I totally agree!! Pm us if there is a particular interest. Head cleaning and related things such as audio drop out are probably the most talked about subjects. The type of punishment your cams take has a major affect on the stability of the electronics.

We see in the following order:

1. Heads--Dirty, worn, worn from head cleaner use

2. Solder related problems. From affecting video and audio to ccd solder fracs and connector fracs.

3. Bad ribbon cables. EVF cables from repetitive movement and poor original design. Various other ribbon related failures.

4. Mechanical failures. VX1's and 2's especially, are built like tanks. They do have their share of meltdowns but they usually outlast the electronics. This is not the norm on camcorders.

5. Other including bad switch blocks/jacks/electronic component failure.

We have made a lot of friends over the last months from sp!!

Thanks for your continued support.

Here is a good tip. If your bayonet/lens mount becomes loose on your VX1, make sure you address it asap. Kerry has seen lots of cams lately that the screws have backed all the way off and shorted out components on the power pcb. The screws can come from other internal parts of your cam too.

So, if you have had your cam apart before and are comfortable with working inside there, then you should loctite and snug all interior mounting screws. Do this before you continue to use the camera. If you hear something rattling around inside you should not use your cam until you at least get the screw(s) outta there.

This applies to vx1/vx2 especially.

Lew

hey can you make a contribution section in here? or can only admins actualy schange stuff like that? because if they were all in a section it would be alot better than in a thread.

I don't have the power.

Lew

shit, i really dont wana take the time to pm a mod, could you do it?

shit, i really dont wana take the time to pm a mod, could you do it?

i used to be an admin on a really lame invision power board for some school stuff, the only people that can add/rearrange forums are admin so looks like you will have to come in contact with steve or mike

Just another thing. If you are trying to play back something on a TV and nothing shows up, don't spaz out thinking the camera is busted. Just make sure all connections are tight. The same goes for capturing footage onto a computer.

this happened to me. if youre trying to capture footy and the camera reads dv in but nothing comes up on the computer it could be that part of the firewire connection on the camera is bent, the metal connectors can be bent back but be careful not to brake them...tweezers are youre best bet

this happened to me. if youre trying to capture footy and the camera reads dv in but nothing comes up on the computer it could be that part of the firewire connection on the camera is bent, the metal connectors can be bent back but be careful not to brake them...tweezers are youre best bet

happens to me all the time i found out if u switch to a new firewire cord its all good just unplug the cord after every use or it will sag and u will have the same problem all over again

happens to me all the time i found out if u switch to a new firewire cord its all good just unplug the cord after every use or it will sag and u will have the same problem all over again

for some reason i didnt think of that just because it works on other cameras whne hooked up, think i should still go ahead and get a new one?

I have noticed that on alot of the vx's that I have had, the screen on the mic tend to grab my bag and they fall off, so I constantly bend them back and shuv it back on. This get kind of anoying.

solution:

You can remove the mic with just removing the handle screws and remove the front of the mic and super glue the screen back on from the inside of the screen. This works really well and the best part about it is that you can't see that it ever came off.

(Optura 10/20)

If your camera's LCD has an ackward color tint, but your viewfinder doesn't, lightly tap the side of the camera or LCD until it goes back to normal.

you go outside and it's really humid out or it starts raining all of a sudden. when you get home, take your tape out and leave the tape deck open so all the condensation evaporates.

if youre like me and ure vx1's wire that runs from the tape department is perticulalrly long, be carefull when opening and closing the tape deck not to rip it and then make it so u can no longer playback to clean ure heads. just be careful

if u notice ur mic. on ure vx sagging or dont want it to go to home depot and buy some metal about the size of a popsicle stick and gle one end to the vertical suports of the handle and the othere end resting on the under side of the mic. with a peice of sticky tac holding it.
  • Like 1

When you have an everio series camera and you turn it on, and everything is all blurred and it seems to be zoomed in all the way but it isn't..
just turn steadyshot on and off again, it should be working fine after you do that

take off the "lens hood" on the panasonic consumer cameras when filming fish
they have 2 small plastic pieces connecting them to the threads, and break off very easily

[quote name='subnoize' post='3362164' date='Dec 5 2009, 10:54 AM']take off the "lens hood" on the panasonic consumer cameras when filming fish
they have 2 small plastic pieces connecting them to the threads, and break off very easily[/quote]
yeah your right
did you get your gs250 yet?

[quote name='laurens_94' post='3362168' date='Dec 5 2009, 10:56 AM']yeah your right
did you get your gs250 yet?[/quote]

yo i got a question

i just got my VX/MK1 and everything seems to be working great only problem is 2 screws somehow came out already below the tape deck. Luckly theres a hardware store near my house and i got some new ones that fit. Then i looked at my camera again an i noticed another screw came out on the top of my handle. i bought a tool to tighten them up and i tightened all of them after the 2 screws fell out. but now again this happened an i dont understand why? any body have a solution?

i hav a sony vx 1000 with an mk1 and the other day i hit a rock a dropped it right on the lens and there all these little scratches
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44107071@N06/4286014695/sizes/o/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/44107071@N06/...014695/sizes/o/[/url]
these are the scrathces
could you tell me how i would get this repaired and how much it would cost
thank you

[quote name='fifaman14' post='3412268' date='Jan 18 2010, 07:15 PM']i hav a sony vx 1000 with an mk1 and the other day i hit a rock a dropped it right on the lens and there all these little scratches
[url="http://www.flickr.com/photos/44107071@N06/4286014695/sizes/o/"]http://www.flickr.com/photos/44107071@N06/...014695/sizes/o/[/url]
these are the scrathces
could you tell me how i would get this repaired and how much it would cost
thank you[/quote]

If the scratches are into the glass there's nothing you can do about it. There is a way you can hide them better here: [url="http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?showtopic=232762"]http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?showtopic=232762[/url]

Other than that, save up for a replacement lens.