SkatePerception
jordan

Official Flash/strobe Thread

as far as 285's, what does everyone use to power them?

250 kids with powercords in their noses...

• Like 1

I alright I have a question...

Should I buy ebay slaves (one trans. 2 rec.) within this week.

Or...

Should I wait until like late August (my birthday) and just get some pw's?

I really cant decide. Im leaning toward the ebay slaves though.

I alright I have a question...

Should I buy ebay slaves (one trans. 2 rec.) within this week.

Or...

Should I wait until like late August (my birthday) and just get some pw's?

I really cant decide. Im leaning toward the ebay slaves though.

whhhaaat, are you kidding? WAIT! and get them pw's....... Just shoot w/ sync cords until than. Im practically waiting till my brithday for em, which is in january haha, unlles im release my inner bitch and get a job.

whhhaaat, are you kidding? WAIT! and get them pw's....... Just shoot w/ sync cords until than. Im practically waiting till my brithday for em, which is in january haha, unlles im release my inner bitch and get a job.

No, no, no. If i get the ebay slaves, then i wont be getting pw's for a long time.

If i get the ebay slaves, then i wont be getting pw's for a long time.

thrust me you will in a very short time, get synccords.

hey guys i have a Hot Shoe Adapter for my D50 and i have a Viv285HV so i was wondering what kind of sync cord i need, for example: PC to AC, AC to AC, PC to PC. I am very confused. thanks.

I just went to BH and got my pw's and a 555 I'm fuckin stoked. I never used flashes before, so like should i be shooting on auto or manual mode..?

I just went to BH and got my pw's and a 555 I'm fuckin stoked. I never used flashes before, so like should i be shooting on auto or manual mode..?

manual, if its during day...meter the ambient and than set the flash accordingly(using the dial to get the coresponding f/stop) If its at night, place whereever just to get a decent aperature with reasonable dof.

I don't understand why you would care.

1) It's not your money, people buying things does not affect you in anyway.

2) I don't know how you expect people who haven't used a flash before for skateboarding to learn unless they buy one, which is why I bought one. I saved for a month to get it, and I will learn.

Is it just me, or is everyone getting pw's and 555's before they know how to use a flash?

nope, read my "comp first, ask about flashes later" topic.

I don't understand why you would care.

1) It's not your money, people buying things does not affect you in anyway.

2) I don't know how you expect people who haven't used a flash before for skateboarding to learn unless they buy one, which is why I bought one. I saved for a month to get it, and I will learn.

I dont care, and i never said it would affect me. Just seems like everyone is more gear oriented.

if i had the money when i started photography to buy pw's and 555's then i probably wouldve. just because kids just getting into photography are cocky and think its all about the nice equipment. but im glad i didnt start out with that shit. its easier to start with the begginer shit and work your way up as opposed to getting a dslr 3 flashes, super nice glass and lightstands before you even snap a photo.

i just have a question about the sunpak 555s, i was just confused with what changes when you move from 100speed film to 400speed, i know how it all works and all with 100, but ive heard more than one hting with 400.

someone said the distances are halved, if this is right can just go one stop darker on the flash?

any help would be good i have to shoot 400speed for school

Your correct. Differnt ISO settings require you to either place your flash at a different distance, or change the power on the flash.

i just got two viv285hv from cornphoto and was wondering what is purpose of doing the guide number/distance away formula to figure out aperature if there is diak on vivi to tell aperature. or are they for two diff things..

i just got two viv285hv from cornphoto and was wondering what is purpose of doing the guide number/distance away formula to figure out aperature if there is diak on vivi to tell aperature. or are they for two diff things..

the magic formula is for when your flash doesn't have a dial or filipendo.

does anyone know exactly how to use the vivitar 285hv the proper way, like with the light transparencies and all that, and im an idiot and still havent figured out how to use the dial, can anyone help me out?

A. set to M for manual on dial

B.set iso

C. set power

D look at your distance from your subject, which corresponds to your f-stop to use

E.set front part to norm, wide, or tele... depending on distance to subject

something like that

Alright, Ill try here. Im interested in nikon flashes and had a couple questions. Out of the sb26 and sb28 which would be better. Second Im interested in getting an sb600 for ttl use and wanted to know if you could also use the 600 off camera with a slave instead of that wireless thing it has

Alright, Ill try here. Im interested in nikon flashes and had a couple questions. Out of the sb26 and sb28 which would be better. Second Im interested in getting an sb600 for ttl use and wanted to know if you could also use the 600 off camera with a slave instead of that wireless thing it has

Im sure you can get a pc to hotshoe adapter that will let you use a slave with the sb600.