SkatePerception
jordan

Official Flash/strobe Thread

Not sure if this should be in the beginners questions, but I think it fits more here; Everytime I take a photo with my flash (hand-me-down from my grandpa Canon 380ex), it smells awful. I can't describe it, but it's disgusting. Is that normal, or is the flash fucked?

Keep the pocket wizards if you can so you can still use flash with film. I bought a second ad360 and couldn't be more stoked on them.

Are you guys that have godox setups still having issues with placeing a flash behind walls?

I stopped using my setup (need to sell..), 1 of the reasons was that (there are workarounds) as I think it is a cool setup, it wasn't for me.

I had the opportunity to get my dream PW set up and another Einstein.

• Like 1

Are you guys that have godox setups still having issues with placeing a flash behind walls?

I haven't yet but I'm sure i will at some point. I went into this thinking that I could use my Cybersyncs and regular sync speeds in most situations (and still throw one of my old speedlights into the mix), break out the cells II if I needed to in bright conditions and just deal with the limitations. So far though, they've been great and the fact that I can shoot at these ridiculously high speeds is more than making up for any range issues I might run into.

If the radio triggers don't work when placed behind walls then that's a huge dealbreaker for me. Might as well use the Nikon CLS then... Will probably sell both my SB-900s and get a ad360 and one of those neewer flashes soon.

• Like 1

godox should be coming out with a 2.4ghz wireless system soon that has the HSS so you dont need two transmitters

• Like 3

godox should be coming out with a 2.4ghz wireless system soon that has the HSS so you dont need two transmitters

i believe its out now, been looking at it, I'm wondering how it works with the old receivers and the 850s without ettl, some sprinklers took out my cells2 so I've been looking at picking up 1 of the new remotes and 2 of the first version of the ad360 since there a bit cheaper now that the ad3602 with ettl is out... but not sure on how the remote will communicate with the old receivers

any input??