SkatePerception
scared?!

Prototype Mk1 Ring For Vx2k

All about the BayoRing. BayoRings.com

So,

here it is. The new BayoRing for the mk1 and the Vx2000/Vx2100 cam. I made a new ring with a cnc machine. Now you can quickly change the original ring from the mk1 with the new BayoRing and use the fisheye for both cameras (VX1000 and VX2000/2100). The finall ring comes in black.

vx213vz.jpg

vx1mk1full0uf.jpg

vx21mk1full4tj.jpg

ontv8iw.jpg

Mk1 with BayoRing on TV. You almost see no Vig.

EDIT:

Ok

here we go.

finalring9mf.jpg

bayofinal17ts.jpg

bayofinal26au.jpg

bayofinal30ve.jpg

Prices. Payment will be made by Paypal in Euros.

black anodized bayo ring = 70 Euro

(with every ring you get 3 replacement screws)

Shipping Worldwide = 8 Euro (shipping will take between 7 and 14 workin days)

Shipping Germany = 4 Euro

That means

a BayoRing with Shipping Worldwide will cost 76 Euro (For the actual Dollar Price got to google and type in: 76 euro in dollar)

The dollar prices depending on the actual dollar exchange.

If you like to buy one. Go to BayoRings.com

Then i send you a paypal money request. When the request is paid the ring will be shipped.

Thanx

HowToInstall Video Link

Universal Rear Lens Cap over here

Canon BayoRing over here

VX1000 Replica BayoRing over here.

• Like 1

Great thing you've done, but isn't 60 bucks a bit steep for a ring?

Great thing you've done, but isn't 60 bucks a bit steep for a ring?

ummm no..

seeing as century sells them for 150 from them..

Skatefootage will follow when the weather is getting better. So bad right now...

Normally the ring would cost more. But i can use the cnc machines for free after my regular work. I dont know the finall price right now, cause i dont know how much the anodizing will cost. Anodzing makes the aluminum harder and the silver color turns into black.

Wow...thats amazing man. The ring looks like it was made professionally. And the comparion shot with the vx1k was perfect. It looks like the vignetting with your ring is less than the modded century ring. Im definitley gonna recomend you to my friends who are looking to put a mark1 on their vx2_00. Mad props!

Maybe i`ll try to make the ring a bit more thinner. Then the fisheye comes a bit closer to the lense, and the vignetting should be a bit less. The Problem is, there is not much space between the fisheye and the lense. Ill try.

yeah, the only reason it's "wider" is because there's more vig, so not technically wider, but seeing more of the lens.

wow, dude thats amazing, I never thought about making a hole new ring on the CNC but i thought about modding the old norlmal ring on the CNC, but man i got to give u credit, good job id soo buy one if i had a mkI, or maybe get the plans off you, i dont know

hmm well if u could make a new bayo ring then maybe u could machine a new rear lens cap and sell them off to the ppl that have a mkI mod already, i bet they would buy them cuz theres nothing to cover/protect the back after you mod it

A new lens cap should be no problem. But first, i have to care about the ring. Then i look what i can do.

I wouldn't really care if there was more vig, the point is that you can have the most beautyful lens on a diffrent camera. As long as there is not or minimal vig on TV. But this is really great for extreme sports filming and this board in general. Great Work!!

The first series will be up to 30 rings, i think. So if someone has interest in it, just leave a yes or a maybe here. It would it make a bit easier for me.

Next week i have to check some stuff, like ordering aluminum, then i can tell you more.

sorry no, it was a lot of work for me, finding out details like that. its nothing personal against you. But i will not explain all the technial details of the ring.

dude come on i made a threead about it like a week ago! im not asking any detail about the ring except for the damn bayo mount thread size

ya i think it would be easy to make if you know what your doing, but ya the thread size would be the hard part, but then again i dont reeally know what im talking about