SkatePerception
scared?!

Prototype Mk1 Ring For Vx2k

haha he's just trying to figure out the thread size. I dont think he will run out and steal your ideas. i highly doubt he has access to a cnc machine or milling machine anways

i dont think it works with a step ring, does it?

well u could use a step ring and spacers if he would tell us the thread size of the mark1

The only thing i can say, there arent such steprings which would work with bayo thread size. This are completely different threads.

@ mk

Do you mean the width? Its all the same size as the original ring. witdh is 11mm. My idee was to make it a bit thinner. But it will take no effect to the vignetting. I tested yesterdays.

thur5d4yf4n, i told you a week ago to buy some calipers so you can measure it. but stepping down is gonna put it further from the lens, thus creating more vignetting. bad idea, why don't you get a screw on and step up?

making the ring thinner wouldn't reduce the amount of vignetting. because, when the ears are sandwiched between the bayo ring and the back of the death it's still gonna be the same distance from the camera lens. make sense?

i dont mind the vignetting on it, but if it really bothers people that much couldnt they just zoom in slightly to reduce the amount of vignetting?

this is great man.. good job in putting in the work. i'm giving you a point.

thursday - def take dude's advice and buy calipers... they're soo cheap, quick and easy.

and i understand what burnitdown is saying as well.. however, i think that spacing it out from the actual ring would work on making it wider.... i wouldn't worry about it either way though. the vig is managable on the computer, and is just ghostly present on tv.... so there's really no problem with it that i can see. mine works great for both, it's basically like having a vx1000/mk1 vig - which is acceptable by all.

Some new infos:

This week i will made a 2nd prototype. Changing some small details. When everything works fine the series will be done in 4 - 6 weeks. Maybe faster, when everything works perfectly. So far its looking very good.

Doing a ring for the gl2 user should be also no problem. But first i have to manage this.

The reason why it took so long is, i do this stuff all besides my normal work. And then i send the rings to a comapny which anodize it. This should also took 1 oder 2 weeks.

Maybe i got new infos at the end of the week, and new pictures from the 2nd prototype.

Yeah man .. put me down. also will you be shipping to the UK

there seems to be alot more distortion with the vx2*k than the vx1k, odd ?

no the vx2k's have a wider stock lens, its pretty obvious since they have a wider bayo.

will you ship to US? if so I'm deefinately buying one of these for my vx2000 when they come out for sale