SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
kevinfreeling

Bang For Your Buck Light Kit

lately there has been alot of talk about generators and studio light kits. ive found the most cost effeciant setup. its the coleman powermate 1850 watt generator. this is listed for $545 but can be found for around $400 street price and even less used. its even a common one to rent if desperately needed. its a heavy mother fucker (68lbs!!!) but small and quiet (60hz) the tank is 1gallon that runs about 6hrs. you will deffinately need a car for this generator due to its weight)

(link below, photobucket not working)

random ebay auction just for pics etc

and these lights are a 14 lbs kit and come with a case, and run 1250 watts, (2 500s and 1 250) there about 200 bucks on bh and can be found for less im sure. but there great for that budget filmer who needs good lights and has a automobile that they can put in with there new badass genny.

(again, link below, photobucket still not working)

badass lights (scroll down to later replys)

i dont have this setup yet but soon will. peace, hope i helped.

(admins/mods, i posted this in 'contribute but it said wait till mod sees it yada yada yada, ill just move this one there now, so joel or lawrence, or steve, delete one, thanks)

this is listed for $545 but can be found for around $400 street price

I bought mine on ebay from an online generator store for about $350 after shipping.

the tank is 1gallon that runs about 6hrs

That depends on how much power you are pulling from it, if you are using all 1500 watts (3- 500 watt lights) it only lasts for 1 hour.

and yes, i agree that this generator is the best deal, it's pretty quiet too, especially when used in an open area.

I may have missed it but i didnt see like a name brand or anything on the lights just a price if you could post a brand or modle it would be great

The lights. He, as do I wants to know what the lights are, since the link isn't coming up.

Meh, Impact isnt really so well known for quality, and the price is scetching me out a little, itd probablly be ok for lighting up spots though, I just wouldnt count on them for studio or location work...although i could get an two arri 650s... I was having enough problems deciding between computers, I DIDN'T NEED MORE COMPLICATIONS BUYING LIGHTS!!!!

no i havent. i was just sharing. i will get em eventually, i need white lights, and a case. much needed cus my worklights broke in my trunk and the tripod is so ghetto.

i will get this thing soon. i just re-opened an ebay account. once i sell my extra capture cam, i should get a genny cus i have a bit saved and friday is motha fuckin payday

Guest Matt
Does anyone have shots using these lights?

No because he just basically picked a lighting kit out of hat. He's never used them, but still recommends people getting the kit. Genious.

its 1250 watts, studio lights, comes with a case(good for storage) and its only 200 bucks. dont be a dick Pies, and anything has to be better than my ghetto ass work lights

instead of spending 200 on lights just get more worklights for like $20-30. Unless you think studio lights are worth it, i like the case idea.

the thing is my work lights are falling apart cus theres no case and the lights get ripped off the tripod and i need someone to hold em or find something to put em up on

Check out Home Depot for a sweet 40-60 dollar light setup. I am dead serious! Now all I need is a generator or maybe I willl find a cheaper way to get power to these awesome lights.