SkatePerception
babyVX

The Scene File Thread

depending on how i want it to look, i will change the color temp to -2 or sometimes 3.

master ped at -6, crush the blacks a little more in post. i shoot barely overexposed so when i add contrast it comes out fine.

I dont really have any set scene file settings i normally just adjust them according to the lighting, spot etc. I just recently started to film alot more with my dvx so ill post some of my scene files and footage soon.

what would be some good indoor fisheye scene files?

anyone got any good colors in skateparks?

mine suck hahahahah

edit: sorry for the bump :ph34r:

to IvanFunich, depending on the lighting of the indoor spot/skatepark, I would recommend setting the detail level to -2, which will reduce the grain in the overall image. Other than that, I would avoid the color temp and keep the colors pretty neutral. Indoor skateparks always seem to have varying light, so keep an eye on that. Put the masterpedestal to around - 8 or 9, so that it will crush the blacks and clean up the grainy dark areas.

to IvanFunich, depending on the lighting of the indoor spot/skatepark, I would recommend setting the detail level to -2, which will reduce the grain in the overall image. Other than that, I would avoid the color temp and keep the colors pretty neutral. Indoor skateparks always seem to have varying light, so keep an eye on that. Put the masterpedestal to around - 8 or 9, so that it will crush the blacks and clean up the grainy dark areas.

i love u! :ph34r:

here's mine for outdoor sunny footy at the local park, but i bump the color temp up or down one according to the sun. and i'll also change the master ped to what looks best.

f1 = 60i

detail level: -2

v detail level: -2

detail coring: 0

chroma level: +1

chroma phase: 0

color temp: -3

master ped: -5

a. iris level: -2

gamma: cine-like_v

knee: auto

matrix: cine-like

skin tone: off

v detail freq: thin

progressive: off

and then i have f2 = 24pa which is the same settings as this one pretty much, so i can switch from 60i to 24p quickly and not have to mess with my settings.

i have a question, i recently got a hpx170 and im confused on the scene file thing. I know the round dial on the back is to switch between them and i can only use 4 at a time, do i have to activate each one and rite then when i want to use it? I tried and i only got one to work and the rest are all the same.

please i need help.

as far as i know you'll have to change everyone to your liking, though changing one and having it affect the rest sounds kind of convenient. how often would you really need to switch between scene files though?

i mean when i first got it when i turnd the scene file dial it went threw atleast 4-5 diff kinds of files and now it isnt working..

;)

ohhhh, shit well i dunno ive never messed with the scene files much. i just set it and forgot it. maybe try resetting? if not then just switch through them and re-save each one on one of the specific settings.

ya i did that too with pannys site and followed it all and still only lets me use one at a time but the dial has to be able to let me use alot more.

bump and adding some. these are for hmc cams but slightly adaptable to the dvx.

t9 - trying replicate the look of some old technine edits. warm images with high contrast and high detail. adjusting the color temp renders this scene to a normal looking fairly "normal" looking image

detail +6

v detail +4

detail coring 0

chroma level +2

chroma phase 0

color temp -3

master ped -4

a.iris level +5

drs 1

gamma b.press

matrix norm 1

skin tone dtl off

Picture4-56.png

low light - designed for low noise and better low light performance. a combination of phillip blooms lonoiz and lolite

detail -3

v-detail 0

detail coring +7

chroma level +3

chroma phase 0

color temp 0

master ped +4

a.iris level +5

drs 3

gamma high

matrix norm1

skin dtl off

Picture5-45.png

the 40 only has two slots for scene files so that's what i'm working with currently.

depending on your monitor calibration they will look slightly different. t9 looks slightly terrible on some unless it's calibrated.

Yrint, I'd suggest you shoot something with a lot more color with those two scene files. Those screengrabs don't really show very much.

next time it's nice and sunny out i will forsure. just thought for now i'd add an image since nobody else really did.

Picture2-59.png

shot with the t9 scene file.