SkatePerception
mikejl29

Radio Slaves/wireless Slaves Thread

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has purchased pw's from the ebay seller ahmuay. I am planning on geting 2 units, 1 trans and 1 reciever for x-mas. And the 380 cost of getting 2 plus 2's off of bh is looking rather pricey, especially since I just got a season pass to sunday river. This ebay guy is apparently seeling 2 new plus 2's for 339 buy it now, and 15 shipping. But he also has the regular plus model for 305 + 15, and that is looking like the way to go. 60 dollars, save and the product is new. I just wanna make sure this guy is legit.

I bought my l-385 from that dude. He's legit as fuck. Do it.

is there a cord you can buy that is miniphone to VC-1 or do you have to make it yourself?

ok so i was wondering how exactilly you can hook up two flashes to one tranciever/reciever. becuase if you can really do this and it works just as well please let me in on this cause itll save me 170 dollers

edit: wow i just realized my member number has 666 in it....

http://forums.skateperception.com/index.php?showtopic=91609

But to be honest, you're just waisting time. The point of getting pocket wizards in the first place was wired freedom. Why get rid of all those wires only to have to deal with them again. Spend the extra $170 and be free of those long ass annoying wires for life.

EDIT: I just checked on my PW Plus and Plus 2.. there are 2 miniphone outlets.. one called "Camera/Flash" and one called "Flash". Guess what, 2 outputs, 2 flashes, AMAZING. Just get 2 miniphone cables and hook them to your flashes.

My pocket wizards came in the mail today and I have to say that they're 100% worth the $300 I paid. I've never had experience with ebay slaves or anything but going from sync cords to these is fantastic. So if anyone is reading this tutorial and wondering whether pw's are worth the money.. yes they are.

and use alkalines not recharchables or else they'll go crazy.

just a quick question.

camera: d50

say i get the nikon sb-800

i would need this on my hotshoe

http://www.adorama.com/NKAS15.html?searchi...r&item_no=2

and this to connect to the flash.

http://www.adorama.com/NKSC15.html?searchi...d&item_no=1

so it'd be like. AS-15 on the camera, with one side of the SC-15 plugged into it and the other side into the flash.

am i getting this right?

i have a question? does anybody know if i can get slaves for a minolta maxxum 7000 35 mm film slr camera. the only thing ive found for it is a control grip. the camera was made in the 80's.

people need to start reading this befoure making topics. there has been like 5 topics in the last 2 or 3 days about slaves, and if you dont get your anserw here then go to the beginer questions thread wich is also pinned.

Man I hate my ebay slaves fucking everything up. So I want other slaves, butt its gonna costs very much euros.

I did some research and this is what I found:

pocketwiz plus set + pocketwizz plus receiver = €634,- ?

Bowens pulsar set + bowens pulsar receiver = €544,- ?

Multiblitz radio wave set + Multiblitz receiver = €458,- ?

Elinchrom skyport set + ellinchrom receiver = €234,- ?

Buhh extremely expensive pocketwizzs.. Which set to get?

I hope not everybody is gonna advise me to get them pocketwizzs.

Get someone in the states to smuggle them from B&H for you. A PW set plus receiver would cost you like $500 USD.

Hey everyone. I finally decided to just suck it up and get some slaves, found this guide and decided on Pocketwizards. I was looking through Adorama, and came across this. http://www.adorama.com/PWWPT2.html

Though I was confused by the description. I read this, and am now confused as to what else I will need in order to trigger 1 SB-800? This is what confused me.

"Since the Plus II is a Transceiver, there's no need to worry about how many Transmitters or Receivers to bring with you on the shoot because it's all-in-one. The Plus II is so simple yet advanced; utilizing its new powerful microprocessor it will automatically trigger a camera and remote flash within 10 microseconds (1/100th of a millisecond) with its built-in Auto-Rely mode."

So do I need two, then? One to mount on the camera (D50), and one to attach to the SB-800?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, one for the camera to send out a signal... and one for each flash to receive that signal to fire the flash.

Hey everyone. I finally decided to just suck it up and get some slaves, found this guide and decided on Pocketwizards. I was looking through Adorama, and came across this. http://www.adorama.com/PWWPT2.html

Though I was confused by the description. I read this, and am now confused as to what else I will need in order to trigger 1 SB-800? This is what confused me.

"Since the Plus II is a Transceiver, there's no need to worry about how many Transmitters or Receivers to bring with you on the shoot because it's all-in-one. The Plus II is so simple yet advanced; utilizing its new powerful microprocessor it will automatically trigger a camera and remote flash within 10 microseconds (1/100th of a millisecond) with its built-in Auto-Rely mode."

So do I need two, then? One to mount on the camera (D50), and one to attach to the SB-800?

Thanks in advance.

Transceiver means that it can be used as a transmitter or receiver. You need one on your camera, and one on each flash your using.

EDIT: oops