SkatePerception
mikejl29

Radio Slaves/wireless Slaves Thread

Get a Nikon AS-15 Hotshoe to PC adapter... and then run a sync cord to the radio slave in your back pocket... not sure why the transmitter won't work on the D70 hotshoe.

Ah I feel like such a douche asking this, but where can I get a hotshoe adapter with 3mm female socket? I can only find hot shoe adapters with pc female sockets. Thanks.

How does a PW transceiver work?i understand how the receiver/transmitter works, because it has two parts..

You can make it work as either a transmitter or a receiver.

Ah I feel like such a douche asking this, but where can I get a hotshoe adapter with 3mm female socket? I can only find hot shoe adapters with pc female sockets. Thanks.

Anyone? I've been searching for ever and can't find them. I need the one that is in the diagram jordan posted a while back. Just a hotshoe on the top, tripod thread on the bottom and a 3mm miniphone on the side to hook up my ebay slaves to. PLEASE HELP were can I find the damn things?

Anyone? I've been searching for ever and can't find them. I need the one that is in the diagram jordan posted a while back. Just a hotshoe on the top, tripod thread on the bottom and a 3mm miniphone on the side to hook up my ebay slaves to. PLEASE HELP were can I find the damn things?

Email photogearok on ebay.

is there any threads like this about ebay slaves

cuz i have no idea what they are i just hear a alot about them

whats the difference between ebay slaves and PW's

but i am defently picking up some PW's

thank

how much does this all cost

with the flash included approximitly.

is there any threads like this about ebay slaves

cuz i have no idea what they are i just hear a alot about them

new pw's are around the $190 range each. flashes range from like 30 to however much you want to spend. the cheapest light stand is a $20 6' impact stand. or you could get a cheap tripod and get an adapter to put a flash on it. the other thing you'd need are sync cords which are different prices depending on what connection your flash has.

so if you want to put a 285hv off camera...itd be around...500ish

@ wutangphoto

here's a review on ebay slaves.

some differences:

pw's are a lot more reliable (you can mod ebay slaves to make them a bit more reliable and have a farther range. here is the mod)

pw's have a much farther range than ebay slaves

if you can, you should probably skip ebay slaves and go straight for pocket wizards if you have the money. that's definately what i'm doing.

pw's arent even THAT much money.

and they work with ever flash right?

they work with every flash as long as you get the right sync cord.

skip the bs and just save for pw's.

rumor has it, jesus told his disciples this very thing at the last supper

what i need to pick up so that PW's will work on my rebel

cuz i just got them in the mail today and i am super stoaked on using them and open this thread

and wammo i got confused

so if anyone could help that would be sick

And connect the cord from the receiver to the flash.

Ever thought of looking at the pocketwizard website? They have PDF instruction manuals on there.

anybody know where the best place is to pick up kaiser products? i cant really seem to find anything decent. i need a hotshoe to PC adapter, could anyone recommend an alternative than the one made by kaiser? thanks

has anyone here ever used Calumet LiteLinks?

edit: clue, they have Kaiser stuff on B&H. If you still want a Hot shoe to PC adapter made by Kaiser, there's onehere.

has anyone here ever used Calumet LiteLinks?

edit: clue, they have Kaiser stuff on B&H. If you still want a Hot shoe to PC adapter made by Kaiser, there's onehere.

thanks. i did breeze over B&H but because im in the UK i didnt really look hard.

anyone buy the V2 ebay slaves yet? i'm ordering some this thursday. I'd like to know if they are better than the V1's.

Link?