SkatePerception

I see a large percentage of people here, having avatars that are larger image, scaled down in the web browser to 80x80 px (max)... This results in horrible aliasing and the inability to properly see the images.

Now, I know these are just avatars and don't really mean much, but when there are loads of posts in one thread, it can slow down the loading.

The fix: Resize whatever image you want to use, in Photoshop (or whatever photo editing software you use), to a max of 80x80 pixels and then upload them. Sorted.

• Like 3

Nah, but they'll look the best if you can make it as close to 80x80 as you can.

yea mine is 80x67

Alright I changed mine Bazilll. I need to think of a new avatar though, I dont like having the top half of my face lurking when I post. hmmmm......

I like it better when i can right click > view image and see it full size...

I guess that's not really the point of an avatar though.

yea mine is 80x67

no its actually 600x502

you are a prime example of the stupid people he is talking about

that was a tad harsh..but i get the point. my avatar means nothing unless you can blow it up so ill change it tonight.

I like it better when i can right click > view image and see it full size...
Same

I understand people wanting to keep the original size and not bother resizing... BUT, when there are 20 posts per page, all with 50kb avatars that have to load (because that's what happens with web-resizing) each time, a simple thread with a simple enough discussion turns into a 1MB ordeal! Which is unecessary.

Good thing mine is small, I don't have PS to resize anything. B)

You can do it in paint, just go to Image > Attributes and you'll be able to adjust the pixel height and width of the image.

Okay, err... Someone's avatar is 366kb!!! What the fuck, I've also been finding 250kb files etc etc. It's pretty fucked up, tbh! That's more than the size of the files I post for critique!!! Honestly, those are ridiculous file sizes! My estimate of 50kb per avatar was a HUUUUUUUUUGE under-estimate! I don't have the necessary power to make people resize their avatars, but I'm voicing my displeasure!

Think I'm gunna turn avatars off now. Sucks because they're quite good for identifying certain people.

Well, I've turned avatars off now, so my original grievance is null-and-void.