SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
ryan_

Waiting For The Man

[quote name='Tecknique' post='1419684' date='Dec 27 2006, 11:25 PM']scarface supplied coke, thats what the quote is from, thats what im referring to[/quote]
yeah but thats totally irellivent, he just sells herion he doesnt do it, he does coke, but he doesnt sell it, his "supply" is heroin therefore he doesnt "get high on his own supply" its not to confusing

[quote name='skateitnow' post='1419509' date='Dec 27 2006, 09:28 PM']did anybody else picture ferdinand as this dude on the left
[url="http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0265666/img0014b.jpg.html?seq=22"]http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0265666/img...jpg.html?seq=22[/url][/quote]
The Baumer isn't a cunt.

[quote name='Pierre' post='1420665' date='Dec 28 2006, 03:03 AM']yeah but thats totally irellivent, he sells heroin and does coke[/quote]

negtive, it started with kubis post

[quote name='kubi']What I dont get about this guy is that he didnt do his own shit. Every dealer Ive known does their own shit. I know alot of you smoke out, so have any of you bought from a guy who didnt smoke? That sorta had me call bullshit on this story. I wouldnt trust someone who didnt do their own product. I doubt someone random hoodie decided to give him 200k in powder, just to get rid of it. I dont think what was written was real. Sounds like an amazing screenplay, not some kid's flashback.[/quote]

and my comment went with that, and then 2 people misinterpreted what i left, so i was explaining it, and is thus relevant

so a few ahours ago i finally finished this and absolutely loved it.
by the way- to the talk about if the narrator is black or white, take this into consideration

would a black man listen to the velvet underground?
:rolleyes:
not being a racist in any way, just saying
its possible but unlikely

im proberlly rong, not to good at english but wasnt he speaking in first person and there was no narrator. "i did this" "i sold heroin" not "he then went and did this" he went and sold heroin"

[quote name='Dunk' post='1422491' date='Dec 29 2006, 01:31 AM']im proberlly rong, not to good at english but wasnt he speaking in first person and there was no narrator. "i did this" "i sold heroin" not "he then went and did this" he went and sold heroin"[/quote]
thats what i mean.
im pretty sure the main character is white.

[quote name='Chris McCracken' post='1422505' date='Dec 29 2006, 06:38 AM']He sold heroin and then got connected with the other dealer; the other dealer then hooked him up with cocaine while he finished selling the rest of the heroin. So he sold both.[/quote]

He sold heroin. Which is why I posted what I did. I would not buy ANY drug off a dealer who didnt use that drug. He used coke on the side, he didnt sell it. He was pushing heroin, but never used it. Thats why I called bullshit.

[quote name='violentparades' post='1422447' date='Dec 29 2006, 01:06 AM']so a few ahours ago i finally finished this and absolutely loved it.
by the way- to the talk about if the narrator is black or white, take this into consideration

would a black man listen to the velvet underground?
:rolleyes:
not being a racist in any way, just saying
its possible but unlikely[/quote]

i dont think he was listening to velvet underground, it was Procol Harem's "A Whiter Shade of Pale"

I dled that song and its really wierd. haha

[quote name='sp12333' post='1423245' date='Dec 29 2006, 01:42 PM']i dont think he was listening to velvet underground, it was Procol Harem's "A Whiter Shade of Pale"

I dled that song and its really wierd. haha[/quote]
no no, im referring to the velvet underground reference in the title.

[quote name='sp12333' post='1423245' date='Dec 29 2006, 06:42 PM']i dont think he was listening to velvet underground, it was Procol Harem's "A Whiter Shade of Pale"

I dled that song and its really wierd. haha[/quote]
Download I'm Waiting For The Man by The Velvet Underground, and then reread the first and last paragraphs.

[quote name='Kubi' post='1418428' date='Dec 27 2006, 05:34 AM']I know alot of you smoke out, so have any of you bought from a guy who didnt smoke? That sorta had me call bullshit on this story. I wouldnt trust someone who didnt do their own product.[/quote]
People that don't smoke usually make out better (money-wise) than people that do because they aren't cutting into their profit for headsmoke. I know a few kids that sell that don't smoke at all. They're just in it for the money. I read this story, I loved it too.

wow, was seriously gripped from the beginning. amazing writing so mega props to whoever wrote it; bullshit or not. just shows how crazy this world is.. blarg, im speechless really, it speaks for its self.

[quote name='violentparades' post='1423300' date='Dec 29 2006, 03:12 PM']no no, im referring to the velvet underground reference in the title.[/quote]

oh shit my bad. haha

[quote name='Kubi' post='1423138' date='Dec 29 2006, 05:30 PM']He sold heroin. Which is why I posted what I did. I would not buy ANY drug off a dealer who didnt use that drug.[/quote]
uhh never get high on your own supply?

[quote name='skateitnow' post='1419509' date='Dec 27 2006, 04:28 PM']he didnt really give any imagery of himself, i was thinking he was white but with him nicknaming his friends big L and scrazzle dazzle and shit he must've been black.

did anybody else picture ferdinand as this dude on the left
[url="http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0265666/img0014b.jpg.html?seq=22"]http://www.imdb.com/gallery/ss/0265666/img...jpg.html?seq=22[/url][/quote]

i thought of Ferdinand as this dude
[url="http://imdb.com/gallery/granitz/3630/Events/3630/ColeHauser_Grani_6076743_400.jpg?path=pgallery&path_key=Hauser,%20Cole"]This dude[/url]

[quote name='violentparades' post='1422533' date='Dec 28 2006, 10:51 PM']im pretty sure the main character is white.[/quote]
Obviously, the cops let him go.

[quote name='Kubi' post='1418428' date='Dec 27 2006, 05:34 AM']What I dont get about this guy is that he didnt do his own shit. Every dealer Ive known does their own shit. I know alot of you smoke out, so have any of you bought from a guy who didnt smoke? That sorta had me call bullshit on this story. I wouldnt trust someone who didnt do their own product. I doubt someone random hoodie decided to give him 200k in powder, just to get rid of it. I dont think what was written was real. Sounds like an amazing screenplay, not some kid's flashback.[/quote]

Based on the description of the heroin addicts of this story, do you really think any of them were competent to sell it? Not that I do heroin, but I'd trust a guy that DIDN'T do it a hell of a lot more than one who did.

Guest captain beefheart
im bumping this for some of the new guys to read because it was such an epic story.

[quote name='captain beefheart' post='1794256' date='Jul 6 2007, 12:09 AM']im bumping this for some of the new guys to read because it was such an epic story.[/quote]

Story, not memoir.