SkatePerception
Sign in to follow this  
ryan_

Waiting For The Man

Damn, this story was so good. I got so immersed in it haha. It was well worth the read, and if anyone is wondering to read it or not definately do it.

wow, i've seen this thread a couple times and decided not to read it but am so glad i did haha, god damn some of that shit got intense

everyone saying that it would make a good movie should check out 'requiem for a dream', the movie channy's avatar is from. It's a little cheezy but it has some real raw stuff in it as well.
Another film that focuses on the drug trade is 'less than zero'–the film adaptation of Bret Easton Ellis' book of the same name. I prefer this over requiem any day. I would definitely recommend the book as well.

The read itself, though, I found to be a little on the hifalutin side, kind of like 'A Million Little Pieces' by James Frey. You could pass it off on the basis of the kid getting straight A's before college, or the fact that he didn't totally thrash his brain, but I just find it odd when those two elements (drug dealing and sophisticated, bordering on obscure [ex. obfuscating] language) come together.

sucha good story, i love reading stuff like this.

anyone got more stuff like this??

damn i swear i could try to extend the story, im gonna be an English major next year, but this story is pretty good as is, adding on to it would take away a certain aspect

[quote name='Ommec' post='2871333' date='Jan 5 2009, 07:07 PM']damn i swear i could try to extend the story, im gonna be an English major next year, but this story is pretty good as is, adding on to it would take away a certain aspect[/quote]

don't even try, you'll ruin it.

so good. kind of reminded me of goodfellas. not the actual story, just certain characters and the fact that he's like the only guy alive in the end.

read this today, it was pretty good

shares similarities with requiem for a dream (NYC, heroin, all main characters fucked by the end)

i remember seeing this thread like 2 years ago and not reading the story. still didn't

[quote name='BobbyAddimando' post='2872044' date='Jan 5 2009, 11:22 PM']i remember seeing this thread like 2 years ago and not reading the story. still didn't[/quote]
You really should