SkatePerception
Robert K.

Beginner Questions

We're getting almost overloaded with the same question's in this forum.

for instance: what cam should i get? what lens could i use on 20D?

so i made this list for those who want to ask

in the 35mm slr format category:

-a canon AE-1. you will find these on ebay for not to much money. (around $80-100)

canon AE-1 zenitar fish for AE-1

-canon eos rebel. goes cheap (around $150) on once again EBAY

canon eos rebel fish for all eos camera's

in the digi p&s category:

-canon powershot A85

-nikon coolpix 3200

in the medium format category:

-lomo lubitel 166. a very basic but very cheap tlr 6x6 camera.

lubitel 166 ebay search

-seagull GC. a bit more advanced but also more expencive than the lubitel.

seagull GC-104

in the digi slr category:

-canon digital rebel. fairly cheap but not awesome

canon digi rebel

-nikon D70. very very good digi slr. also pretty cheap.

Nikon D70

in the category lenses:

-canon 10-22mm ef-s lens. the widest canon lens available for digi rebel and 20D. the 35mm equivalent is 16-35mm *THIS LENS DOESN'T HAVE BARREL DISORTION!*

canon 10-22mm

-nikon DX 10.5mm fisheye. nikon's answer to the 1.6 digi crop. a 10.5mm fisheye made for the digi slr's. 35mm equivalent is 16mm.

nikon 10.5mm fish

for 35mm nikon:

Nikon 16mm Fisheye or Zenitar depending on budget

nikon 16mm

Nikon 50mm good lens to learn on still my favorite

nikon 50mm

80-200mm Lens- good for all around photography as is the 50mm

nikon 80-200mm

if anyone feels to ad some cam/lens feel free to ad in this topic.

LOOK HERE: http://www.silverlight.co.uk/tutorials/toc.html

• Like 1

very good. but im sure there still would be a lot of stupid questions.

Someone should make a topic about flashes, radio slaves, and whatnot

This probably counts as a stupid question but im new to photography. Im pretty sure with lower light you need a slower shutter speed for the correct exposure...but I don't think you really can shoot skating with a low shutter speed because you'd miss the trick. So what I'm trying to ask is...how would you shoot skating at a lowish light level?

haha i know nothing about photography, but i really want to learn how but i want to do digital. i want too shoot fisheye, and have manual settings. but i dont want to spend to much money. im not going to try to get the cheapest one but i want something more worth the price tag. :)<_<

haha i know nothing about photography, but i really want to learn how but i want to do digital. i want too shoot fisheye, and have manual settings. but i dont want to spend to much money. im not going to try to get the cheapest one but i want something more worth the price tag. :lol::(

Get the Nikon D70 with the 18-70mm lense.

I own one, and it blows.

The cam is pretty fast, can be controlled completely manual (automatic too, of course!) and gives you quite a lot for the money (around 1000$ with lense).

I would not suggest looking into the EOS 300D, cause it is just not as good as the D70...although the lower price tag might be tempting.

For starting, you won't need more than the supplied lense which is pretty wide @ 18mm, and zooms in enough to get some decent shots too.

I really like it, thumbs up!

If you want to spend some more money (1500$ i think) the Canon Eos 20d might be also worth a look because of its 5fps.

Go to a shop, try them out!

i know nothing about cams... well photo cams i have this and i was wondering if it is any good ...i found it in my basement a while ago000_0120.jpg

its a old canon ae1 and how much do u think its worth

i am in the procces of buying a camera (canon ae-1) and i was wondring at what kinda lens would go with it... im not sure where else to say this but i will put it here... its a Vivitar Macro Focusing Zoom Lens 75-205mm that comes with the package. On ebay so i am not sure if i will even try to bid on.. I just need a starting lens... Sorry if this is a repeated question. :)

:EDIT: Wow i am a retard sorry i didnt see the recomended lens... realy sorry! :D

I bought an AE-1 yesterday, it comes with a zoom lens, but only the zoom lens. I'd like the regular 50mm lens though. About how much should I pay for one?

i know nothing about cams... well photo cams i have this and i was wondering if it is any good ...i found it in my basement a while ago000_0120.jpg

its a old canon ae1 and how much do u think its worth

i wouldve been super stoked if i found that setup in my basement, does all of it work?

What speed of film is best for skateboarding photography?

800 is the fastest film thats relatively easy to get. It is more sensitive to light than 400, 200 and 100 so it can use faster shutter speeds for the same amount of light than those films can. It has less quality so it has a chance to look grainier than the slower films. If your shooting in relatively low light, use 800 or 400.

i wouldve been super stoked if i found that setup in my basement, does all of it work?

yea im pretty sure it still works...i used to shoot some stuff with it a long time ago just messing around and i forgot about it.. havent got to use it lately though

Im really interested in Photography and stuff, and i just need to start somewhere , im diggin the pictures in the gallery with the really rich sharp colours and im wondering, what would be a good setup to get the best colours and for not alot of money. Also , where would be the perfect place to learn about all the numbers and junk on the camera's for the shutter speed and exposure and what not. Thanks.