SkatePerception
Robert K.

Beginner Questions

Im really interested in Photography and stuff, and i just need to start somewhere , im diggin the pictures in the gallery with the really rich sharp colours and im wondering, what would be a good setup to get the best colours and for not alot of money. Also , where would be the perfect place to learn about all the numbers and junk on the camera's for the shutter speed and exposure and what not. Thanks.

ANY 35MM SLR CAMERA!! colors dont come from the camera.. they come from the film you use.. it depends..

are you a videographer?

high school would be a great place to start if they offer it.

THIS and some film and your set! :o

easy. simple. perfect.

Im really interested in Photography and stuff, and i just need to start somewhere , im diggin the pictures in the gallery with the really rich sharp colours and im wondering, what would be a good setup to get the best colours and for not alot of money. Also , where would be the perfect place to learn about all the numbers and junk on the camera's for the shutter speed and exposure and what not. Thanks.

ANY 35MM SLR CAMERA!! colors dont come from the camera.. they come from the film you use.. it depends..

are you a videographer?

high school would be a great place to start if they offer it.

THIS and some film and your set! :o

easy. simple. perfect.

Yea im a videographer , but i like to be alot more creative and video has some limitations where i see pictures can be alot more open and stuff , i donno it catches my eye.

Guest MarkSzymanski

whats up, i plan to get a Canon Powershot A85, just to take everyday pictures and also some skating pictures. Can you put a lense on here if you want to or would that just be dumb?

I just want a camera that will work fine for everyday pics and skating, but is also capable of giving me a wide shot with a fish or other lense. I don't want to spend to much cash at all, my budge is like 400 bucks. I know that doesn't leave me much option, but what are the recomendations.

my birthday is soon and i am planin on buying a Canon Ae-1 or a Canon Aos rebel.. both 35mm but i was wondring what are the pros and cons of both these cameras and which one is better for what reason.

And another question. I looked at the recomended fish eyes, are there any other lenses for cheaper for a person that in new at phtography. Thanks for all your help

my birthday is soon and i am planin on buying a Canon Ae-1 or a Canon Aos rebel.. both 35mm but i was wondring what are the pros and cons of both these cameras and which one is better for what reason.

And another question. I looked at the recomended fish eyes, are there any other lenses for cheaper for a person that in new at phtography. Thanks for all your help

the AE-1 is a sturdy camera. If cameras are floating around ebay by the hundreds and all of the kids in photo class get them from their parents as hand me downs, they have to be the shit, right? yes, they are great cameras. they last through generations because of quality and durability. rebels are made with shit plastic, 80's slrs are made with good quality metal and could be dropped and be fine! (trust me on that one, :) )

The rebel is not as good of quality as the ae-1, and more expensive. it has some of this new technology shit but really does nothing. It makes it more complicated and the simplicity of a lever, and knobs you move on a older 35mm SLR is irreplacable, personally.

35MM camears are 35MM cameras. a Rebel isn't going to make a photo look better than a AE-1. It's the user.

The AE-1 is cheaper, search it on ebay, $50. Canon Rebel isn't worth the extra. if there is any price diff, i wouldnt know, I dont associate myself with the rebel.

Also, lenses, nothing gets on my nerves more than that shit ass motherfucking plastic lense that comes on rebels. when focusing or zooming, it moves like an unlubed prostate check and at the end of the zoom or focus, it clanks against the seemingly hollow plastic. piece of shit!

Dont think about a fisheye right now, they are expensive and you need to learn how to use your camera, you'll know when you do, you'll feel comfortable with it. Go shoot. I wanted a fisheye exactly like you but realized i didnt need it. Tahts my guidence. Just get a normal 50mm lense with no zoom or like me, my favorite lense, my prodomanent lense, is the 35-70mm.

thank you for your time. PM with any questions. I remember beginning photography.

is the Nikon FM2 good i was just wondering cause i might quit filming and start photgraphy, and how much do nikon FM2s usually go on ebay

is the Nikon FM2 good i was just wondering cause i might quit filming and start photgraphy, and how much do nikon FM2s usually go on ebay

120-200. ive been watching them for a month while i save.

Hey, im new to skate photography but i take photo at my school and i currently shoot with a Fugica St-801 and i have a vivitar flash, and some vivitar telephoto lenses. Would that be a good camera to start out on?

Hey, im new to skate photography but i take photo at my school and i currently shoot with a Fugica St-801 and i have a vivitar flash, and some vivitar telephoto lenses. Would that be a good camera to start out on?

yes.

can you post a link that works for the zenitar fisheye lens for the canon ae1?

Guest pandemoniumskate

i'm into skate photography, i just recently found a pretty cool looking camera in my closet that i didn't know i had. it's a Petri FTee it has two lenses and two flashes. anyways i finnished my first roll of film and when i took it to walmart to get it developed it turned out empty. i was so pissed. so i was just wondering if anyone knew if it was the camera, the film or the settings because i'm not the smartest person when it comes to figuring out thing like this on my own.

i'm into skate photography, i just recently found a pretty cool looking camera in my closet that i didn't know i had. it's a Petri FTee it has two lenses and two flashes. anyways i finnished my first roll of film and when i took it to walmart to get it developed it turned out empty. i was so pissed. so i was just wondering if anyone knew if it was the camera, the film or the settings because i'm not the smartest person when it comes to figuring out thing like this on my own.

well get another roll first off and shoot it and see if that one comes out to make sure it wasn't that roll of film. then it might be a leak of some sort in the camera. just take it to teh shop.

You...do know you have to meter the light before each picture or else it won't come out...don't you?

Guest brandon

i have a canon Ti rebel with a opteka .22 fisheye lens...i just got it and i was wondering if it is a good camera for skate photos

I bought an AE-1 yesterday, it comes with a zoom lens, but only the zoom lens. I'd like the regular 50mm lens though. About how much should I pay for one?

I have the same question...anybody?

check www.bhphoto.com for the standard retail price. below $50 I would think?

i recently purchased an Omega neutral density .6 filter and was wondering what the impact on the picture is. the filter itself is rather dark. any info about this filter would help.

On the AE-1, on the shutterspeed dial, next the 60 there's a lightning bolt. Does that mean the camera's flash sync is 1/60?