SkatePerception
Robert K.

Beginner Questions

hp5 has more silver on the emulsion making it closer to 400 than tri-x.

both are fantastic films to making images with.

i don't fux with tmax not for any reason other than the fix time is longer.

I feel like i'm really the only one posting in this thread, but whatever. I want to get a new 50mm lens for portraits (80mm on my 7d and it's great). I have the 50mm f1.8ii, but the autofocus is completely pointless. Every 50 shots or so I get one in perfect focus, and it's super sharp, but it's so rare. I tried manual focus which works ok but the focus throw is really short so it's a pain to focus at f1.8. So I'm looking at the 50mm STM, 50mm f1.4, or the Rokinon 50mm f1.4. Any suggestions? An f1.4 lens would be awesome for background separation and lowlight so I'm partially leaning towards the Canon f1.4, but I've heard the Rokinon is crazy sharp which would be nice too. Any idea what I should go for?

I read good things about the sigma 50mm art 1.4, thats a big price jump tho. Tamaron made a 45mm 1.8 that looks nice.

Yeah I'm trying to stay around $400 or less. Those art lenses are beautiful though.

i want to shoot a timelapse over the course of a month, so need to buy an intervalometer for my nikon as it's shot limit is 999. only concern i have is that none of them seem able to run off a power supply. would a normal intervalometer last that long off two AA batteries?

i want to shoot a timelapse over the course of a month, so need to buy an intervalometer for my nikon as it's shot limit is 999. only concern i have is that none of them seem able to run off a power supply. would a normal intervalometer last that long off two AA batteries?

The first two I found on google both said they run at 20mA at 3V, a good battery is about 2500mA, 2500/20=125 hours. A month is about 750, so probably not.

Or you can always buy a variable power supply and just hook up the cables to the right spots. Or build one with a million AA's in parallel.

thanks. ended up ordering one that stated it can run for 2 months shooting one shot every 5 minutes. i'll be on the site every few days anyway so can swap the batteries if needed. we shall see